1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom is being my mom again

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kevin k, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So my boyfriend's grandma gifted him with a new leather jacket, and he gave me his old one. He's had it for years. Now I have it and it's like wherever I am there's always a part of him with me that reminds me of him. It smells like him and it does actually look pretty good on me. Anyway, my mom Saw me wearing it and asked where I got it. I told her, and she then told me to take it off, it makes me look trashy. I told her no, it means something to me. Then she told me it makes me look poor and "shady" and she always hated it when my bf wore it. What do I do about this? It's not acceptable, and I'm not going to stop wearing the jacket. It was a gift to me and I won't ever get rid of it.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't really need to do anything. Your mom is being judgmental, probably taking out her disapproval of your boyfriend (and you being gay) on the jacket. Continue to wear it, and you can tell her you understand her comments and feelings, but you're choosing to wear it and would appreciate her keeping her thoughts to herself.

johndeere3020 and Lek like this.
  3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your not doing anything wrong