1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend is being bullied because of me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by natewashere, May 8, 2021.

1. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that she should be the one to decide if it is too much for her. Maybe if you decided to break up with her over this it would only traumatize her more. I think that if someone really cares for another person then they stand by that person even through horrible things.

Relationships have problems, even those between two cis people. As I said above, let her decide if it is too much rather than preemptively "protecting" her.

Tuesdayok likes this.
  2. natewashere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm I guess you’re right.
    I don’t want to lose her anyway, she’s my best friend and I’ve never been happier.
    I’m still new to this whole being a boyfriend thing. My last relationship was over a decade ago, before I transitioned and it was a very toxic relationship that I didn’t stay in for very long thank god!
    I’ve never been a boyfriend before until now. I’ll talk to her and see how she feels.
    Thanks!

Tuesdayok likes this.
  3. Tuesdayok

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before this started happening you never considered breaking up with your girlfriend so personally that is something to focus on. Breaking up with her won’t solve anything. You have done nothing wrong. The “sicko” has caused all of this. Please remember that. The full extent of the law will be thrown at this piece of excrement who is only “sorry” now they’ve been caught. Don’t give the “sicko” any leverage please. It’s a very tough thing to experience & therapy for your girlfriend is a great idea. Maybe even may be worth a few couple sessions. Just to debrief in a way & for you both to be able to dump what has happened in a safe environment if that makes sense. Not saying full on couples counseling just perhaps even maybe with her counsellor perhaps suggest if you felt might help going to a couple of sessions with her that her counsellor knows to be for debriefing this horrible experience that you have had to deal with so it feels like you can both put a perspective on it, & support each other. Perspective not right word as you cannot make sense of this “sickos” criminal behaviour. But importantly more to offload any feelings you may have or your girlfriend that you can talk with someone who is a trained counsellor to help with moving on. Debriefing the event will help with the stress on your girlfriend you mentioned & reassure you also that it is not your fault. We are not programmed to deal with this kind of abhorrently cruel behaviour so it does affect us. It is impossible to find a reason why this “sicko” targeted you, & the problem is clearly with the criminal’s mind. However the emotional pain & feelings experienced as a result of this vile insidiously cruel behaviour towards you is very raw & real so unpacking it is important. It may even just be one session but highly recommend you do that together to literally dump this abhorrent event metaphorically out via talking about it so as to feel that in a way you can rid yourself of any association with the “sicko”. It will also help with the guilt you are feeling. It is a common feeling guilt when a crime has been committed. The way in which this occurred is beyond words & defies any moral compass. Hence the reason I refer to them as the “sicko”. Please keep us updated. Thank you for being a hero frontline worker. You deserve recognition for your tireless work during the pandemic. Keep your head held high. Please do not break up with your girlfriend. You need her, & she needs you. You are a team. Don’t ever let anyone drag you down nor make you feel unworthy or that you are causing your girlfriend to feel more stress. What you have been through & are going through is horrendously reprehensible behaviour that has been perpetrated against you. By breaking up with your girlfriend it also gives power to the “sicko” who turned your life upside down right now so to speak. Keep being the hero we know you are as a frontline worker. More importantly know how much you are valued & appreciated & dare I say loved by your girlfriend. Please keep us updated. Sending hugs from Australia. Stay safe...

Attached Files:

Lemony likes this.
  4. natewashere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to come back and update that my girlfriend and I are pressing charges against this person for harassment, hate crime, sharing images without my consent with intent to incite hatred and humiliate me etc.
    That, and after talking things through, my girlfriend made it very clear that she doesn’t want to break up at all. Neither do I.
    The person responsible has been let go (fired) by our workplace.

5. Tuesdayok

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Firstly proud of you. Karma has done its job. Firing the “sicko”. Relief you can go to work knowing they will not be there. Do the police consider these charges serious as they are? As in do they get bail etc? Are you notified what happens next. So glad you are not going to break up with your girlfriend. You must be exhausted. What reassurance did the Police give you, re what happens next? This episode is so prevalent & online abuse & stalking is horrendously cruel & they think because they are hiding behind a keyboard or phone that they are above the law. NO. Keep doing what you are doing & know you have support on here. We want to know how you are, & even though we are a long way away in Australia we care. Stay safe being on the frontline. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Lemony likes this.
  6. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so glad to year that the police took this seriously. And even more overjoyed to know that your girlfriend is sticking with you.
    This is fine support of good workplace standards by your company. Even if the criminal case goes nowhere, the firing has made a huge difference.

Tuesdayok likes this.
  7. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It makes me really happy that you have gotten this kind of support and that you both are together on this.

Tuesdayok likes this.
  8. Tuesdayok

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AAC04C26-F35F-4C8A-8342-6ADB2DADD9A0.jpeg AAC04C26-F35F-4C8A-8342-6ADB2DADD9A0.jpeg
    And we are here for you both. Serious charges the police will hold them accountable to all the horrendous cowardly abuse towards you & stalking is a whole other level of crime. Stay safe & keep us updated please love from Australia. Frontline workers are heroes. Today is International Nurses Day so honoured to know you even if only on here.

9. Tuesdayok

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering how everything has been for you since you updated us last time. Has your girlfriend spoken to you much about how she is coping? And how are you? Sending strength from down under in Australia. How is Covid19 in Canada? As in working on the frontline guessing you are? Tough & stressful. Stay safe please

10. Tuesdayok

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    H
    How is everything going at the moment? Thinking of you from down under in Australia. 4th lockdown for Covid19... over it.. Hope you & your girlfriend are safe & thank you for being a frontline worker. Nurses are the unsung heroes...