1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dpmikey, Aug 25, 2008.

1. dpmikey

alright well last summer my best friend came out to me. at the time I was sure I was straight but later after I started becoming sexually attractive to him. now I dont really know what my sexual preference is .around march I told him how I felt and asked if we could bring our friendship to the next level. he was flattered but he was somewhat afraid that it might mess our friendship up. So we left it at that but now the attraction is back and I dont know if I should talk to him or not. please help

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well it seemed he was able to share his feelings pretty clearly before so most likely he will be able to do that again. However, if he says no again, I'd leave it at that otherwise you might lose your friend.

3. berileos

berileos Guest

It's kind of odd that one coming out could turn you gay...Maybe you just really care about that friend and you're afraid you will lose his friendship(some kind of jealousy,perhaps).Try to imagine yourself in a relationship with him,maybe that's not what you really want...Try to question yourself a little.If you are sure in it after all,then I think you should take Becky's advice.

4. Étoile

First, how old are you? A lot of times, preeteen boys and boys going through puberty sometimes have erotic feelings towards other guys, especially a male they feel very close to, like a best friend. The sexual attraction could just be hormones or deep admiration or it could stem from you thinking he may drift off after he came out to you. Ask yourself this: could you see yourself in a relationship with him or another guy? I mean, a real relationship, not any sexbuddies or Friends-With-Benefits type of stuff.

I honestly think you should wait until you know and feel that you are actually gay or at least able to have romantic, not sexual, feelings for the same-sex. When you're questioning your sexuality and dating your best friend, you may not only break someone's heart, but you could lose a best friend in the process.