1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is sending mixed signals??!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ameryllis, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have a crush on my lesbian friend who knows I'm gay as well, and we hang out all the time together. We're super close and are both freshers in uni with not a whole lot of other friends yet.

Anyway, when we first started hanging she would always say "pshh you never look bad" when I would complain about a bad pic, or "you always look good," which is pretty classic friend stuff. She would also sometimes touch my back for a while if I tripped or something but would leave her hand there for a longer while after.

And once over texting I made a derogatory comment about myself saying I was ugly, and she said "NOOO YOU DEF AREN'T. LIKE TRUST ME"

But what kind of got me thinking she could like me was when she said she had a thing for irish girls and said that she got really excited when she found out I was irish. Likee why would she get excited??

Also, I was meeting up with her and her friend once and as soon as I approached them her friend said "so I heard from [her name] that you're really pretty, and she wasn't wrong." And her friend told me more stuff like "[her name] told me that you're in [this program] and this etc." And I was pretty confident after THAT but she randomly brought up to me once that her friend asked if she found anyone at uni cute and that she had said no, and then she asked me if I found anyone cute and I just responded "no" as well because that seemed like a big friendzone sign.

So help a girl out lol Does it sound like she likes me?

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's safe to say she does. Everything here indicates it. She probably was just shy when asked by her friend because she was nervous about being put on the spot like that. I don't think that one comment negates all the other positive things she said about you.

Drizzle likes this.
  3. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for the reply! The only thing is that shr actually brought up the conversation with her friend somewhat out of the blue, so I can't imagine what would have sparked it if she did like me. Some friends suggested she maybe did that as an excuse to ask me if I found anyone cute, or to figure out my response, but ehhhhggg idkk lol.

Love4Ever likes this.