1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Gay Relationship

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dollparts, Oct 15, 2017.

1. dollparts

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since my last post I have come out to four more friends, one of which being a girl I've had a crush on for the past two years. She immediately responded by telling me she's gay too, and she ended up telling me she's liked me for a long time. I then asked her to be my girlfriend, and yesterday we went on our first proper date (which was basically just hanging out as we did in the past, but as a couple this time). I'm really happy but I can't help wondering whether or not this will turn out to be a successful relationship, or how I should go about coming out to my close family now that I feel they really deserve to know.

2. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats on coming out to more of your friends and on your new relationship!

Only you can say when it might be the right time for you to come out to your close family. But it sounds like you are pretty close to it.

You could perhaps start by coming out to the family member or members that you feel most comfortable with and who you can trust. That's a good way to get support if you need it to then come out to your other family members in time.