1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Crush Came Out as Bi! Now What?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheLemurLady, Oct 18, 2017.

1. TheLemurLady

TheLemurLady Guest

Hello everyone! I have wonderful news: my crush (which has been on and off since I didn't want my heart to be broken) recently came out as bi! I told her that I'm also bi, and so with my help she came out to her family on National Coming Out Day. The response overall was good and similar to my experience. Her parents said they love her just the same but that they don't want her being publicly out. So for the most part, she is good. We've experienced slight flirting in the past, and it has just gotten greater since we came out to each other. However, we have a few problems.

For one, I don't know for sure that she likes me back. She said about two months ago that she's had a big crush on this one guy since 7th grade. That's especially awkward since that's how long I've liked her. :disappointed_relieved:

Also, I'm going through some "liking other people" issues as well. I'm trying to get over this one guy, who we will call K. K liked me last year, so I started liking him back. It was on and off since I felt guilty having two crushes at once. It wasn't entirely healthy since it was an obsessive crush and I don't think a relationship would have worked out between the two of us anyways. So this year he is in none of my classes and is showing no interest whatsoever. That leaves me trying to get over him, and despite knowing it wouldn't have worked out, I still am having a difficult time.
    On top of that an old crush from a few years ago is back in my class this year, and seems to still like me. I'm trying to not get attached whatsoever, especially since he is Mormon, therefore I would have to convert (ugh) and since I'm bi they'd probably disregard me entirely.

Finally, neither of us are allowed to date until we are sixteen. I'm sure we can wait for each other, though. I've waited for her two years now, and I can wait two more. It's just an annoying bump in the road.
    So in a nutshell, I am asking for advice on how to clear out these other leftover crushes so that I can be faithful to her when the time (most likely) comes. Homecoming for our school is in a week and we're going as friends together along with another one of our friends, so something romantic may go down and I want to be prepared for that. I'd also like to know how to wait for two years, but that's less of an issue. Thank you everyone! :relaxed:

2. mlansing

You are still young so you have time yet to learn this uncomfortable truth, but generally speaking "waiting around for someone" means one or both parties isn't fully into it. But I don't see the harm in initiating something romantic with her, and when/if that happens maybe you guys could have an honest conversation about where you're at with each other.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Clearing out a crush is pretty hard to do, except with another one. From the way you put it ("so that I can be faithful to her when the time (most likely) comes") I can say this. If and when the time comes, those old crushes will be long gone. IOW, not to worry. About that, anyway.

Going to homecoming is a good way to say you like someone, and to see if you really do. Apart from that, I might be a little less pessimistic than @miansing is about waiting. It's not so uncommon for parents to set a dating limit like sixteen. So what can you do before that? Snuggle on a couch? Just be very strong besties? Drives in the countryside? Heh, not that one, but maybe walks.

However it is def the case that a lot changes in two years, especially those two. Be open to how your heart and head really feel, and try to keep them in agreement. Good luck!

#3 beenthrdonetht, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  4. TheLemurLady

TheLemurLady Guest

Thanks everyone!