1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My clumsy (but hilarious) coming out to my mom!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Islanzadi, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I came out to my mom last summer in a much funnier way than I intended to!

My sister already knew since a couple of weeks, she was the only one to know so far and I came out by text message to her, which was much more easier for me to do. But since I have a very close relationship with my mom, I felt bad to tell her by text so I wanted to tell her in person, but even though I knew she would accept it and that she was probably kind of expecting it, I felt nervous as hell... So nervous that for 3 weekends in a row when I would go over to her house I had the urge to tell her but just couldn't get the words out of my mouth.

So on the 4th weekend, I finally did it! We were alone in the car and she was driving (guys... coming out to your parents while they are driving is definitely not a good idea, but that's what I did haha). We were having small talk and she was speaking about her appointment to the hairdresser the next day, and when she paused for a couple of seconds, I just spurted out "Mom, I'm gay!" completely out of the blue. She looked at me with those big suprised eyes, then just bursted out laughing for a good while!

We eventually managed to have a conversation without laughing too much, and she kind of expected it as I thought and she was very cool with it! What made her laught that much was actually a mix of suprise and also the fact that I sounded like I was joking, but she knew I wasn't.

Anyways, thanks to my clumsiness, my coming out was actually pretty hilarious!

RebeccaK, BiDragon and Abdeltyf like this.
  2. Really

Hey! Congrats! Sounds close to perfect except for the possible dangerous driving. :wink:

BiDragon and Islanzadi like this.
  3. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha yeah I don't recommend doing that! At least I knew my mom would be very accepting, and I think she was expecting me to come out at some point since she already asked me in the past if I was gay. She was just not expecting me to do so at that exact moment and got a bit startled I guess haha

4. Really