1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cat died :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by peachwad, Sep 2, 2015.

1. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so I posted here before on how my cat was acting strange, well turns out she was really sick. My dad wanted her to die naturally at home but me and my sister felt that she was in pain considering that she couldn't use the bathroom anymore. At this point, she wasn't even acting like herself, she could hardly walk without losing her balance and would hide under my bed. So we agreed to put her down today. I woke up with a text from my dad, saying that he took her to get taken down already while I was sleeping and I just feel so empty and sad. I looked under my immediately and she wasn't there. He didn't even wake me up to let me say goodbye. I feel so bad because we were best friends and whenever I was home she would come to my room to hang out with me, she was never in my other siblings rooms, just mine. I feel like she was really scared going alone, she was probably wondering where I was. I just want to cry thinking about it :tears:
    Rest in peace Chiquilla.

2. EastCoastGrl

I am so sorry. I understand how you feel, as I love my cat like you seem to have loved yours.

Your dad was probably trying to spare you pain. Now your kitty is at peace and not in any pain. I'm so sorry. I know it hurts. (*hug*)

3. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I can relate.
    So sorry for your loss (*hug*)

4. missingmouse

missingmouse Guest

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I'm at borderline panic attack as this is one of my most fears for my kitty. Mine's only about 4/5 years old but she's my everything.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

5. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    Your kitty has a lot of time left, just be sure to give her all the love you got (*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2015 at 12:21 PM ----------

(*hug*)

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2015 at 12:22 PM ----------

Aw do wanna talk about it? you can write on my wall if you want (*hug*)

6. Alex Vause

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry. It's in kitty heaven now. (*hug*)

7. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I send you my dearest condolences. I hope your cat lived a full and happy life.

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Peachwad. :frowning2: It's going to take some time to get over the shock and grief. I know you probably feel like you didn't get closure in that you didn't get to say goodbye, but your dad was probably just trying to spare you the upset of seeing her go.

It's easy to imagine that she was looking for you- but in reality cats are very independent creatures, and I'm not sure they think like that. She probably just wanted to be out of pain, and your dad did the right thing taking her to the vet.

Big hugs, everyone who's lost a pet knows what you're going through and how awful it is. I'm sure if she could speak she'd thank you for giving her a happy life up until this point. (*hug*)

9. Lindsey23

I'm so sorry...

10. BlueRazzberry

Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom showed me this when my first cat died. I had him for 8 years and I broke down really hard. Rainbow Bridge makes me cry every time. Very beautiful. It's wonderful to see someone pass that on. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2015 at 02:42 PM ----------

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. :frowning2: I don't know what I'd do if I lost my little girl now. She's my best friend. May your friend rest in peace. <3 (*hug*)

11. missingmouse

missingmouse Guest

Thank you, peachwad. While she is still young, we never know what tomorrow may bring. I've been in the hospital for the last nine days (long story) so I haven't seen her and I'm missing her a lot right now. I hope you're doing okay...I know there's not much anyone can do or say to make it better but just know that we're here for you. (*hug*)

I haven't read Rainbow Bridge in a few years...and I didn't when I shared this....I can't....it just makes me break down into tears.

12. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope you feel better! And I'm sure your kitty misses you too :kiss: (*hug*)

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that your cat died and that you couldn't say goodbye to her the way you wanted to. (*hug*)

14. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  15. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    I just read the rainbow bridge part of your response and it makes me so sad but it's also reassuring. Thank you.

---------- Post added 2nd Sep 2015 at 10:16 PM ----------

Here she is, the one and only
    [​IMG]
    :icon_sad: (*hug*)

16. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Oh what a lovely cat she was peachwad! So regal. I'm so sorry, and you will miss her so much.

Give yourself lots of time to grieve for your furry best friend Chiquilla.

17. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry about your loss.

18. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all so much for the love and support :kiss: (*hug*)