1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Brother-in-Law just came out...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sweldon, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Sweldon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just needed somewhere somewhat anonymous to put this, I am going to be changing names to protect identity of those at hand.

For context. I am an AFAB genderqueer bisexual person. I am closeted about being genderqueer therefore am cis-passing, however I am out as bi. The person I am dating is a closeted AMAB bigender person, and he uses all pronouns, but is closeted to the majority of the world.

The two of us are in a hetero-passing relationship, but we're both queer. We see ourselves as a queer relationship and we have found and grown a lot together as we are the first relationship we've had since being out about our queer identities. However, because we're closeted, the rest of the world sees us as as just a hetero relationship unless it's our friends that know us well enough.

Tonight it got very interesting.

My partner's brother called him on the phone this evening and came out to him as bisexual. He was very hesitant about it and from the sounds of it seemed scared and was taking it out slowly trying to process it all to my partner. My partner said that he supported him and loved him and accepted him, and that he wanted to hang out with him and myself sometime soon.

Tomorrow the Brother-in-Law is going to come out to his parents. We're going to see how they react to his coming out and determine whether we want to come out about ourselves too... We're also going to come out to our brother in law when the time allows about our own identity and see how he reacts to it.

I have no questions or quiries to ask or necessarily seeking advice. I just needed a place to vent about this and due to the current situation I can't confide in my friends at the moment. It's just a huge event for me especially because my coming-out as bisexual was a seven year long process, and I've only recently come out as bisexual about 9 months ago.

I'm just hoping this all goes well