1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend and my phone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NotSureWhatIam, May 27, 2015.

1. NotSureWhatIam

My boyfriend keeps grabbing my phone to look through my photos, history, instagram, whatever. I dont have anything to hide and I dont cheat EVER. But this bothers me. A) its an invasion of my privacy. And B) It means he doesnt trust me. But when I grab my phone back he says "it makes me think youre hiding something". Its like the NSA..No im not a terrorist, but I dont want someone looking through my stuff. Even if its not incriminating or embarrassing, im a person and I deserve privacy. Thats an exaggeration, but still, I hate it but I dont want to be an asshole.

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get what you are saying. Personally about the second time it happened I would have downloaded an app so that I can lock my phone.

It is a rude invasion of privacy and if he couldn't see that, then there are really other issues.

3. LD579

Tell him he has to start trusting you, and don't show him your phone if he asks/is going to look through all your stuff. If he assumes you're cheating because of it, he's not being very rational or trusting of you. Let him know it's actually a big deal that he's assuming you're cheating on him (It probably says more about him than it does about you) and that it's as if he doesn't trust you. Communication is always the best choice.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you should block your phone or take some drastic attitude, but you should sit down with him and talk about it, calmly.

I'm not proud to say i have checked the phone of my ex when we were together. I'm can be a bit insecure sometimes, and it was hard to not do it. But, after some conversations with him and with my friends, i decided that it was, indeed, a privacy invasion, and if he wanted to cheat on me, i couldn't avoid that by checking his phone, so it was useless anyway, apart from being rude.

In resume: Talk to him. Communication is the key, always, as Dain said.

5. Debora

Debora Guest

Hello :wink:
    That is a big invasion to your privacy, don't let him do that! He should ask you kindly if you want to show him your mobile phone, I'm sure you'll be glad to do that, but he's acting stupid and too jealous.

6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand that he should talk to him, but he has full right to LOCK his phone so that the bf cannot just grab it. Just that now he would have to enter an easy to remember (yet something the bf wouldn't guess) password in order to use it himself like 15426378. Then after the bf gives up grabbing the phone you can remove the lock.

7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not saying he hasn't that right, but i think he should try to solve this with conversation only, first.

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually locking the phone might make it worse. I known people like this with some kind of attachment issues and that could set him off so he becomes more paranoid and worked up. I would sit him and have a respectful conservation cause in all honestly either locking your phone or just a simple conversation could set him off. Now I don't know your bf and how he is emotionally but some people might have attachment issues that causes them not to handle relationship issues well.

9. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think dano218 explained better what i meant on my post. Thanks bro.