1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ‘suppose crush’ sends mixed messagesI if you get So

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lockerhead, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Lockerhead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hello! I just couldn’t stop thinking about this problem I have and I feel really lonely and suffocated by this so I just decided to talk about it here, it would be wonderful if anyone is willing to take notice to this and maybe give some suggestions if possible....
    So I’m a queer, I think I’m bisexual or possibly lesbian but I’m not quite sure. There is this girl in my school who I feel like I have a crush on, I think of her a lot and quite like body contact with her, I get a bit jealous/upset when she treats other friends the same she treats me, and then I spend time thinking how in some ways she treats me differently than others. She says she is straight but sometimes she jokes and fools around and gives people the impression she could be gay (she teases a lot, joke flirts a lot). I am quite good friends with her so she often would do these kind of jokes and teases to me.
    She knows that I’m “bisexual”, and also think I have a crush on this other friend I talk about a lot, and encourages it (sadly that friend, who I can say was my pre-crush in a way, is also straight...). I don’t know if she gets the feeling sometimes that I might like her, and I feel sometimes when I want to get closer to her in a subtle way it almost seems like she pulls back.
    So here is a problem. Some days ago I was Skyping an overseas friend, and my crush happen to walk into me talking on the phone. She got really excited and asked me if she could talk to my friend (who is male, and we go to a girls’ school), so I handed her the phone. She then started telling that friend that she and I are in a relationship, that we are in love blah blah blah, and I got angry and snatched the phone away from her. Later she apologized, but I couldn’t tell her the real reason that I was angry was because I didn’t want to misunderstand her feelings towards me and start hoping. So now I think she might think I like that guy. Also that night I said to her “I thought you were straight” she sort of fell silent and smiled awkwardly like she didn’t know what to say.
    I thought about it and I don’t understand why she would say things like that, if she was straight, or at least she wouldn’t have said those stuff unless she has thought of it, if you get what I mean.
    I think I like her and it’s really a torture trying to guess whether she feels the same or is just joking, and I don’t know what to do even if, if I am very lucky and she likes me back I don’t know what to do. We held hands once but when she saw other people coming she let go quickly, and we are friends at that time too (we still are)! If she can’t eben hold hands with her friend in front of people because she is afraid of people misunderstanding, I don’t think a relationship would be successful…
    Or she doesn’t like me, which is probably the actual answer. Should I tell her that I like her? I still want to be her friend if she can’t be my crush, and I don’t want her to draw away from me if I confess to her………

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tell her and ask her clearly how she feels, she doesn't seem uncomfortable by the idea of a woman liking another woman so I would be honest. It's always better to know anyway. Let us know how it goes! x

#2 Lin1, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Love4Ever likes this.
  3. Lockerhead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for your reply! I’ll try and find a way to bring it up as soon as possible.