1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MtF Clothing questions (specifically underwear)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Aug 21, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So next friday i am going to go clothes shopping with a friend to get some underwear and my main fear (besides going into the underwear section) is what to do about washing the underwear since my parents dismissed my identity and won't know that i perchased girls underwear, this extends other pieces of girls clothing as well.

2. Paisley

Two things. You could either wash them when they're not home. shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Or wash them by hand in a sink. I would also air dry them in your room. Putting them on a hanger and just sticking them between shirts, they should dry out pretty quickly.

3. RainDreamer

Well, I think you should move out.

It will be difficult to hide, and even more difficult to explain if they find out, because you are hiding it, as they will consider that you acknowledge the "shame" and "deviance" of your action thus you must hide it.

You can defy them and wear girl clothes in front of them, but that can be risky...

I guess if you have no other choices, you can start thinking about washing them when you take a shower/bath, using the washroom, and hide them inside other clothes. Also think of places you can hide the clothes too. Don't just put them under other clothes, people will check that. If you have like travel suitcases and backpack and such around your room, put your clothes in there, and just place them somewhere slightly out of sight and reach, like top shelves of the closet.

But that is not fool proof once they get suspicious. Best case is still either convince them or move out.

4. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well it would be hard for me to move out at 16 so yeah but when i get a job a lot of my early funds will go into clothing so i will most likely go down the defiance path.

5. RainDreamer

Just be careful. I don't want you to get hurt by your family if you choose to defy them. I really don't want to see another news piece of trans people being hurt.

You should always have a backup plan if things doesn't work out. Find adults you can trust, like relatives, friends, mentors and so on, and see if you can stay with them if things go south. Also make sure you have contact details and address of nearby social support organizations, like the nearest shelter and such.

Take care of yourself.

6. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah i know, i do have a back up plan though which is to live with my best friend who i consider a sister so i can at least turn to her.

#6 lonewolfblair, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015