1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr Y is confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mr y, Jul 28, 2012.

1. mr y

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone, I’m very confused and I don’t know what to do so I hope you can give me a little insight.

First of all you should know that I’ve been growing up in a Mexican household in Mexico city and I’m American, my dad is death and my family is Mexican and the tradition is to live at home until you’re practically married. And being gay is like the worst thing ever

They forced me to study something I hate and there’s no chance to change my major, then I came out as bi in November, and then my mum told me she’d rather have me death than gay, my brother stopped talking to me and everything, then I tried to kill myself and failed, and then I confused what I tried to do and since I came out its all been weird, the only aunt who know is always messing with me and my girlfriends (girl friends not girlfriends), and now everything is kind of ok but I’ve been kind of limited to do things and everything. My boyfriend gets angry a lot even if we talk and see each other frequently.

After that my mum became Hitler and to her eyes I became a drug addict drunk depressed and everything, she tried to get me with a therapist that would change me, but I was able to change therapist to a more accepting one, on the other hand my brother and I stopped talking.

Lately I’ve been able too recover slowly some my benefits (lol it sounds like a business transaction) and I was forced into therapy and out of the things I love and the subject is taboo, my brother and I have been talking a bit lately but only about his problems and meaningless stuff I want to come out but think that she’ll never accept me, so my plan was to finish school and go away and then tell them everything, and at the same time I feel like the need to express myself and letting them know who I really am but I don’t feel strong enough to go through the 3 reich all over again .

what should I do? Am I taking the easy exit?

Mr Y

Btw if anyone needs help learning Spanish or talking I’m all yours

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, I don't think there's any "easy exit" here - any way that gets you out of that situation is perfectly acceptable. I'm sorry to hear about everything you've gone through - definitely more than your fair share.

How close are you to finishing school and being able to leave home? Honestly, that sounds like your best bet here, but if that's a long ways off, then it might be better to come up with some kind of short-term plan in the meantime.

3. mr y

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would have to keep up with this doody for about 2 years , LOL and I’ve been trying to come up with a short term solution but I am not that creative
    Any suggestions?