1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving On

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by starmotive, May 22, 2018.

1. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't my first post about this but I told my friend I liked her. I received a lukewarm response, followed later by a 'no she wouldn't date me'. We talked about it very superficially once or twice, but other than that my attraction to her was never discussed in much detail. It's been more than half a year and I thought I was finally getting to a point where we could be friends and I didn't see her in 'that way' anymore. But the past few weeks I realized that I still like her just as much or maybe even more than I did before. She used to be one of those people who gave great hugs, even after she knew I liked her, but recently I feel her pulling away and it's me hugging but she doesn't hug back.

A friend of mine told me that I need to get her point of view on the situation and to get some concrete answers so that I can move on.

Should I drag up the situation again? And hash it out hopefully what's once and for all? It's been months since I told her I liked her and I feel like talking it over again would be stupid... And I know it's not a conversation I'm looking forward to having. And from past conversations, I know she feels bad that I'm struggling because she doesn't return my feelings so I don't really want to bring it up either. Do you think that getting answers will help me move on? Or should I just grin and bear it and keep being her friend and hope that with time my attraction to her will die off?