1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mother and ex-boyfriend torture and murder son they called gay, receive plea deal.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Aldrick

Full story here.

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Re: Mother and ex-boyfriend torture and murder son they called gay, receive plea deal

This makes me sick!

3. Rainbow Kitty

Re: Mother and ex-boyfriend torture and murder son they called gay, receive plea deal

Oh my god, bless his heart. I can't even imagine how people are so cruel.

4. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

This is sickening, How can somebody be so heartless! That poor child

5. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

This is disgusting. I hope they rot in jail.

6. Aldrick

I hope all the other prisoners of whatever prison they find themselves in learn about what they did. People who kill and abuse kids do not tend to last long and do very well in prison. Let them get a little taste of what that boy had to go through before they are ultimately murdered by other prisoners, or be forced to spend the remainder of their lives locked in solitary confinement for their own protection. Then locked in solitary for the remainder of their lives, I hope they are forced to think about torturing and murdering that poor kid every single day.

Let them beg for death, as this kid surely must have by the end.

RIP Gabriel. I am sorry the world failed you.

7. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Sometimes just knowing that people like this exist makes me not want to live on this planet anymore :/ this is awful....idek what to say :frowning2:

8. hollychristina

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

That poor child. no words for this really. it is just too heartbreaking and sad.

9. Aldrick

Yes, it is awful. It is horrible. However, I am not sure why you feel so defeatist about it to the point that you would not want to live on the planet anymore. Anger and outrage is the more appropriate response, I think, because that is what creates the change necessary to not only get Gabriel Fernandez the justice that he deserves, but to also ensure that it does not happen again.

Right now, as we speak, there is some other young boy or girl in this country or in another, who is being abused and tortured due to their suspected (or confirmed) sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender non-conformity.

The question and challenge to all of us is what are we doing to push back against a culture that helps create a situation where this type of behavior becomes permissible. What are we doing to make a difference, and ensure that we can get help to those who need it?

I think the easy way out is to want to run away to avoid the problem. The harder thing to do is turn and face it head on, seeking a way to solve it.

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I simply could not read this beyond the headlines, as someone who had to endure physical abuse (not nearly this bad), as a father, and as a human being, it is beyond comprehension.

11. joshtheangel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

People like them should just be put on Death Row.

How can people do that to a little boy? :tears:

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

They shouldn't be killed…an this is going I sound cruel but, I say throw them in jail, let them rot slowly in jail. Knowing that people like this exist, is disguising. Who can kill their own child for being gay, the human race never seizes to amaze me…

13. Aldrick

Ugh. It is actually worse than was discussed in the above article. The LA Times wrote a piece about it when the court documents were released. I found the article, which goes into more detail about what this poor kid had to suffer through, and the condition in which he was found.

Full article from the LA Times here.

I swear I have cried more tears for this kid than his mother ever did. I have been thinking about him all day, and what he went through.

I want to know why a plea deal was even offered. The evidence is overwhelming, and I want to know why hate crime charges have not been filed.

14. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

I totally agree, it's just hard to swallow these kinds of stories sometimes, you know? :frowning2:

15. StephenB

StephenB Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I've been an atheist for years. But there are moments like these I truly wish there was a hell. He was 8. No matter what he may have done, no matter what his orientation may have been, he was 8. I hope these two live for many, many years. And as horrible as it sounds, I hope they are beaten repeatedly while in jail. Sickening.

16. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

All murderers should be killed, hopefully they will die in jail.

17. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I am not going to read the article as it will just make me even more upset. This is one of the reasons I often wish I was not here. There is so much cruelty in this world. One day I will grow old, and die, and I won't feel this pain anymore. The pain of my own life, and the pain of knowing how much pain and misery others feel as well. I don't have a religion to fall back on anymore. I've abandoned the lot. I have only the knowledge that there is good and evil in this world, and I strive to cleave to the good, and avoid doing harm as much as possible. There is not much comfort in that, though. I'm not so sure this life is worth it anymore. I'm undecided. Just look at the injustices that take place. Every day, outrages like this.

18. MisterTinkles

Under Mister Sparkles' rule, these "people" would be hog tied and dragged behind a speeding truck until there was nothing left of them but their shoes.

But in THIS particular case..........

These sacks of shit would be tied to stakes in a public square and burned alive.

There is something to be said for the old European ways of dealing with murderers and criminals.

#18 MisterTinkles, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  19. SHSLAstrogeek

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Ugh... people like this should just vanish already, we have zero need for them. Since they won't, we should just use them for testing products instead of animals and experiments that are usually considered inhumane.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Simply put, to save the tax payers money. As you said, the evidence is overwhelming, there is no point in going through all of that, to reach an already foregone conclusion. There's no [sane] way they'll be found innocent.

As for "hate crimes", well, any crime with violent intent, to me, is a hate crime.

I assume, in this case, the reason they weren't filed is, quite frankly, it'd do nothing extra. They're already getting life in prison, without parole. As sad as it is to accept that, tacking something else on, won't accomplish much.

These two individuals, most likely, will be subject to ridicule and torment, for as long as they live, in prison, with or without "hate crime" slapped on them. Just the fact, they not only murdered a child, they embellished and stretched it out, over a period of time, is more than enough, to get them the karma they deserve.