1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most embarassing/tense moment relating to your gender identity/sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kronixx, Dec 2, 2016.

1. kronixx

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mine would probably be the time I told some of my accepting (thank god) friends who my first same sex crush was.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out to my conservative parents. Cannot say it was fun to be asked if I was aroused by breasts, wanted a penis, and intended to forsake faith to live as a perverted "woman with a mustache." And that isn't the worst.

Anyway... In recent news I nearly flipped out when my binder went missing for a week. Thank god I found it in another family member's dirty laundry. But I was preparing responses should I be interrogated about it.

A different time, when I was still closeted but ironically presenting more as male, my mother straightforwardly asked me if I wanted to be a boy - to which I became very flustered and answered that I obviously did not.

Other embarrassing moments happened when people did the whole "is that a girl or a boy??" double take around me.

Then I also nearly have a heart attack whenever my chosen name is mentioned. My siblings don't know about it, so they accidentally talk about the name Alec sometimes. It is tense, though, because my parents do know that was the name I chose.

Being trans is full of tense and embarrassing times.

3. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not usually a very touchy feely person, so when my mom found out I had a girlfriend she'd bring up all of this sexual stuff. because she was convinced that I thought lesbian sex was a lot different or lesbians didn't have sex. So she'd ask things to figure out if I was sexually attracted to my girlfriend and a direct famous quote from her "lesbian sex and straight sex aren't that different"

4. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being asked by one of the most homophobic people in the school if I had kissed my friend (I had). Needless to say I denied it.

5. Deinna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Couple of years back, when I knew that I wasn't exactly straight (but I didn't identify myself as bi/pan), my mother used to ask me many times, if I liked girls, and I had to convince her everytime that I didn't. It was uncomfortable, but fortunately she doesn't ask me that very often anymore.

6. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was super awkward. I was at a theme park with my friends and at the time no one knew I was trans and I hadn't accepted that part of myself yet. Everyone thought I was basically just a huge tomboy that only had guys as friends. But then one of the guys asked me and I quote "are you the kind of girl who'd rather have a dick?" it was the most embarrassing thing ever. I'm pretty sure he was just joking but I was mortified at the time and gave him a whole speech about gender expression vs gender identity but I think I was probably trying to convince myself more than him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: