1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mississippi’s New Anti-LGBT Bill Claims That Women Can Be Fired For Wearing Pants

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This.

I remember learning about segregation and Jim Crow at school, never thought I'd see it in my lifetime. It's an embarrassment that all they needed to do was change the minorities they targeted to suddenly make it OK again in a lot of people's minds.

And this from the party that likes to say that Obama and the Dems are a threat to the country and with the support of a group of people who think their religion makes them a persecuted, powerless people.

Even if these laws get smashed down by the courts, the damage has been done.

2. Sean12

:roflmao: :eusa_clap that's hilarious guitar

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2016 at 09:35 PM ----------

This makes me sick:eek: What makes me the most mad is that these are the SAME PEOPLE who always complain about GOVERNMENT OVERREACH!! What do they think this is??

#42 Sean12, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  3. Sagume Kishin

Indeed. It's sad, and the statement has been made.
    All we can do is contest it, as we have always done, and hope people in those countries find a safespace or GTFO out of there.

But I don't think Society has really changed. They've just started beating down new targets, like "the trannies" and "the gays".

I hate the human race. :bang:

4. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No sex outside of marriage. I don't like sex all that much, but most of their citizens love sex. Most of the politicians probably love sex. Making sex outside of marriage illegal? How that even got through is a mystery to me.

And the women? All the women I know only wear skirts or dresses on special occasions! Now they have to wear them or get fired? What the hell?! This is blatant discrimination. THIS is why I am angry and incredulous when people say we don't need more laws (ERA) against discrimination. Because IT IS STILL AN ISSUE!

Anyways, we can only hope that the House won't approve it, too.

#44 KaySee, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. afgirl

I'm already seeing quotes from FB friends...guess I'm going to have to clean house. The thing is, they really don't see the harm in this. I just don't see the need for a law that allows, perhaps even promotes, discrimination.

Federal law still prevails, though, so it will be interesting to watch what happens in regards to this.

6. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's appalling to me that some people literally think this is religious freedom in action. I hate this country's bigotry.

7. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    Was it recently Mississippi who took back their bill on gay marriage or something?

8. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not recent, but are you thinking of Indiana? They had a bill that they got flak over, then only after feeling the heat monetarily did the legislature and governor passed another bill modifying it. This greatly angered the radical religious right in Indiana who sponsored the original bill.

9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These people have no logic, I don't understand how they're still taken seriously.
    [​IMG]