1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Colton1212, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Colton1212

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am thinking of going into the military. I am undecided on either Army or the Navy. I want to be a Navy Diver but on the other hand, I want to be in combat. I am not sure what I want to do. I know Diver school is pretty hardcore and it's not that I don't think I can do it it's just I am not for sure if I want to. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

2. PrettyBoyBlue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not going to lie, I know absolutely nothing and have absolutely no involvement with the services. Never had any interest, 90 lb weakling, total scaredy cat, all that jazz haha :joy: So take my thoughts with a grain of salt.
    I guess there wouldn't be any active naval combat theaters right now? You know, I thought about the Coast Guard (no one ever thinks about the Coast Guard!) They do search & rescue, patrols, immigration enforcement, and drugs/weapons busts around domestic waters. They're part of DHS. So if you still wanted the seafaring angle, but possibly more "action" (I hate to phrase it like that) Coast Guard could be interesting. And you would be most directly serving this country (as opposed to being deployed overseas)

**** Again, Please do not regard any of this as super-important life advice. *****
    Also, SPACE FORCE. :alien: Just sayin'

3. Colton1212

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks and you're right I guess I never really thought about the coast guard. Thank you

4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually the Coast Guard would fit a lot of what you want. Why just be a diver when you can jump out of a helicopter before you dive?