1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be trans FtM, really confused, please help..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Pedralex, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Pedralex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello guys !
    So I might be trans... I've been wondering for like, 2 years now ? And it's killing me inside just not knowing what gender I am. Like sometimes I look at boys and wonder how great it would be to be just like them.. But I just don't know... Like im so f*cking confused.. So I would like some help from people. I know i'm supposed to like, find that on my own, but if I heard stories of people, I think it would help me alot.
    Thanks for reading
    - Alex (that would probably be my name if I were trans)

2. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey, Alex! Welcome to EC. I'm pretty new here too, but I've already found a lot of help reading about other's stories, and getting a chance to talk about my own. This is a really cool place, and I hope it can help you out.

Like you said, only you know if you're Trans. But there are some pretty common indicators. One of them is what you already mentioned, wanting to be a different gender. Most people who are comfortable in their gender identity don't want to be a different gender. I'm about 95% sure I'm a trans girl, and realizing that cis people don't spend forever wishing they were a different gender went a long way in me coming to that conclusion.

It's hard for me to offer much more advice without knowing a little more about your situation, but remember to just stay strong. Really questioning who you are is a good thing, regardless of who you turn out to be. Good luck in your journey! :slight_smile:

3. Pedralex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Olivia ! Thank you so much, your advide did help me. And I'm really glad I joined EC, because it looks full of support and fucking awesome.

4. Lipstick Leuger

IDK if this helps, but my partner is Nonbinary Transmasculine. They had wondered if they were suppost to be a boy when young and also took a whole lot of time to get right with their gender. We are both older in our 40s and finally they decided to get to therapy to figure it out thinking they may be trans. It's taken about a year but now we are going for top surgery and no T, with the happy understanding that they are NB. So, maybe that is a good place for you to start...find a therpaist that specializes in gender. (((HUGS)))

5. Pedralex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi ! Thanls, that did help me a lot ! That's probably what I'm gonna do or something similar.. And THANKS FOR DA HUGS

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pedralex....Hi and welcome to empty closets! I am not trans, but trans folks have a very special place in my heart. I know how difficult it was for me to understand and accept myself, so I can see how much more difficult it is for someone who is trans. A couple of suggestions:
    1) You might try to post your questions/concerns in the forum "Gender Identity and Expression" here on EC. Folks on that forum would really understand how you feel.
    2) Have you tried checking out trans youtubers? Here are a few really good ones:
    therealalexbertie He is a really great FtM guy from the UK. You can watch his videos and follow him from pre-everything to transition
    Sam Collins (one of my favorite youtubers), jamiedoger - another FtM guy from the UK, Jake Edwards - Alex Bertie's boyfriend - also FtM and Non-Binary
    I hope some of this helps....and I'll bet that you'll really like Alex Bertie, since you share the name! ....David