1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid back/spine pain and palpitations

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Mar 31, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For a few days I've been having some mid back/spine pain/warmness sensation I get and sometimes radiates to my chest and get some mild palpitations. Some slight tachycardia I feel on my chest.

I feel a warmness sensation on my spinal(middle thoratic area of spine).

I didn't do any heavy lifting lately.

My current health dx: anxiety, depression, did have a dx of C-PTSD but that's conflicting, substance use disorder/alcohol use disorder in recovery. Social phobia. Parital hearing loss on left ear. I have had episodes of tachycardia/hypertension/anxiety during the winter of 2016 that warranted to be hospitalized.

Family hx:

Mom-acid reflux, near pre diabetic, arthritis

Dad-PTSD, GI issues, asthma, and a recent elevated PSA level(he thinks he maybe be dx with prostate cancer if rises more) and my dad has hypertension

Sister #1: hasimotos disease(thyroid), asthma

Sister #2: Gi issues, Crohn's disease, some pancreas issues.

Could the back/spinal pain be cardiac related? I'm unsure if I should go to my PCP doc or go to a cardio doc? Or anxiety related

2. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry this is a super late reply. How are you feeling now though? Is it the same still? Have you checked with your doctor already? If you haven't and still not sure why it's happening, I suggest you go see one. When do you feel these symptoms? Could it be after taking some medications? Or do you have any respiratory problem?

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go to your GP or to a hospital if the palpitations are bad. Nobody on here can answer this sort of question adequately for you, especially because of your complex medical history.

Danabutton likes this.
  4. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi scorpiontx91.... this checked out ASAP....it could be. GI issue but not worth risking...I was diagnosed with AFIB and had it temporarily corrected but I still get palpitations in my thoracic artery and have MVP as well...always be safe and have it looked into

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think it's an aneurysm or anything serious. I think it's some sort of a middle back pain. The pain is usually on the mid-back. The palpitations diminished now and usuallly happen after excercising which is typical. I feel it somewhat between my T1-T8, if i were to identify this warmness radiating from back to chest.

6. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you gotten it checked out?

7. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems to bother me more at night. I haven't to be honest. I take gabapentin for anxiety but it seems to help out with though.

8. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It could be some sort of reflux upper GI if it’s at night but I’m no doctor.... I would definitely get it checked out...I know my own situation became worse because I waited and waited without being proactive

9. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Update:

I saw my Dr this Thursday when I went in as a follow up after having exhaustion last week at the pool. My doc said my meds didn't cause the heat exhaustion, I probably didn't hydrate enough that day. He said I was fine(pulse was okay) though my bp was a bit elevated 147/91.

I briefly brought up the back pain issue to the Medical Assistant lady that was checking my vitals and mentioned the back pain to her. I said it was a 7 out of 10 the pain at the time.

The pain varies in intensity throughout the day.

I'm aware of my meds Gabapentin is used for nerve pain(its primary use). I don't know if my doc would increase my med dosage to see if it could help with my back pain.

I do not want to take any controlled substances like opioids because I am a recovery alcoholic/addict.