1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Michelle Rounds died of suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by GlassWalls, Nov 30, 2017.

1. GlassWalls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sad. Suicide should never be an option. We need more factual studies, better treatment options, and more options for help and what to do if in these situations, because clearly it's a problem and current options aren't working for everyone. It's always sad when someone commits suicide and some people get so in the moment and overwhelmed that they act before thinking and thinking about all the people it's going to hurt and affect. This needs to be more of an issue than it is, and it definitely needs to be brought up more. Thoughts and hopes are with her family & friends.

3. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    RIP :heart: My heart goes out to her family and friends

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I so agree. As someone who has dealt with this kind of thing before.....I hate to say it, but our society fails people with mental health problems. Therapy is expensive (and a lot of bad therapists exist), you can be waiting for months until you get medication to help with depression, and the "immediate" reaction is to lock someone in a mental hospital, which doesn't actually help them. They just take away privileges, make you interact with others, etc, but don't actually talk to you about your problems. A lot of people lie about their mental health status just to leave these places. There is also the social stigma of mental health, where a depressed person is discouraged from talking about it. It's socially acceptable for a girl to constantly vent about her SO to the point she's annoying everyone around her, but unacceptable to mention depression just once. A lot of suicidal people don't think about their loved ones being affected by the suicide because most of the time, their loved ones were the first ones to be selfish toward them when they were still alive: abandon them, scream at them and make them feel inferior, etc. It is easy to assume that the suicide is actually going to make your loved ones happier when they were the ones who reacted to your feelings with abuse and anger to begin with. I can get why people blame the suicide victim for hurting them, but part of the fault also lies with our inappropriate reactions.

The change starts with us, our society.

So sorry this happened.

#4 Creativemind, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Suicide, of the type I know, is hurt that turns inward and starts feeding upon itself, growing stronger with time. (note: there are many reasons for suicide) I like the comment by Creativemind because it shows sensitivity to a misunderstood topic.

Americans (USA) live in a very caustic environment. My claim is shown by people with drug consumption. If American society were less caustic people would not turn to drugs. So what does suicide have to do with drugs? The two go hand in hand.

6. GlassWalls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From personal experience I have to say that you're probably right. When one of my friends gets too drunk they think of suicide, and I know this runs in their family because one of their parents left a suicide note when drunk but then didn't actually commit suicide thank god.

7. StarRunner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, this is a sad reminder thatthe LGBT population have always had a much higher rate of depression and suicidal ideation. It also demonstrates that suicide is not restriceted by socio-economic issues. It can affect anyone regardless of income, race, gender or age. We are all vulnerable.

8. GlassWalls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is also true.