1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messages of your partner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crystalbal, Oct 9, 2017.

1. crystalbal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys,

I would like to ask your opinion about something.

Suppose if you and your boyfriend/girlfriend send emails or phone messages to each other, (and they contain romantic and amorous content), is it considered wrong if your partner showed the emails or phone messages to his/her friends without asking you first?

If he/she did so, do we have the right to ask about it to him/her and tell him/her that you don't feel comfortable letting others see the messages?
    Or is it considered as controlling your partner?

Thank you.

2. Maya100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on the content of those messages whether it's considered wrong or not. If for example a girlfriend of mine showed her friends a message of me telling her I loved her or that she was special to me because of XYZ I would be cool with that. However, if it was something private, personal or sexual I'd have a problem and would consider that crossing a line as she didn't ask me.

Whatever those messages said if you feel uncomfortable you should bring it up with your partner. I don't see it as controlling as you're simply expressing your feelings. You're not saying 'Don't you dare ever show anyone our messages, if you do I'll break up with you' - that's controlling - If you bring up the subject mindfully, just saying you're uncomfortable and the reasons why I don't see any issue with it.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I share messages that my bf and I send to each other, but only if they're funny or cute and not personal