1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member Titles

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Micah, May 29, 2006.

?

Which set of user titles do you like the best?

1. Unchanged: Junior Member/Member/Senior Member

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New Member/Getting Feet Wet/Making a Name/Well-Known/Established

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. New Member/Getting Known/Liked/Well Liked

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Newbie/Member/Regular/Addict/Closeter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Newbie/Member/Regular/Well-Known/EC Addict

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micah

Hey guys,

Well after a lot of discussion on Member titles, it's finally time to pick which ones you think are the best/most suited to the site.
    While there was a lot of talk on the fine tuning of the "ranks", there was actually only a handful of suggestions, so hopefully that'll make it easier to choose:slight_smile:

Aspects such as post number and custom user titles will be sorted out afterwards. This is simply for getting the actual titles sorted..

Update --- The results are in:

Newbie - 0 posts
    Member - 10 posts
    Regular - 50 posts
    Well-Known - 100 posts
    EC Addict - 250 posts

Custom title - 500 posts

[editted for clarity as the titles were buried within the thread and some people weren't sure what they were :slight_smile:]

2. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

Re: Poll: Member Titles

am going for (New Member/Getting Feet Wet/Making a Name/Well-Known/Established )

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I voted for "Newbie/Member/Regular/Well-Known/EC Addict" but also like "New Member/Getting Feet Wet/Making a Name/Well-Known/Established".

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

i voted for choice #4

Newbie/Member/Regular/Addict/Closeter

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's close between options 2 and 4 now. Can we get a few more votes to help decide it please?

Or maybe we need to make something out of those two, as they are quite similar.

6. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

You mean 2 & 5 ? lol #4 only has my vote.
    Ok A.T.M #2 got 5 votes and #5 has 6 votes.
    Lets see if we can get at least a 3 vote sway i would think.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Oops - yes, 2 & 5.... :icon_redf :bang:

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

As of the moment #5 is winning by a 3 vote lead...i say we call it, no sense in letting it rott here any longer. I mean no ones voted for nearly a month now.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Oops - I forgot about this!!

Yes, that looks lilke a run-away winner to me, with over 50% of the votes.

We just need to sort out the thresholds for different titles (and for being able to set your own title) now, which we should be able to clear up in a few days. Then I'll make it happen.

Here's my thoughts to give is a starting point for discussion:

Newbie - 0 posts
    Member - 10 posts
    Regular - 50 posts
    Well-Known - 100 posts
    EC Addict - 250 posts

own title - 500 posts

10. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

oh well lol

11. nisomer

Maybe change "Member" to "Getting feet wet" or "Making a name" from the 2nd option. Member and Regular kinda seem like the same thing to me.

12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I think its a bit late to change things around....ppl voted for those titles and changing them would be unfair. That option won so i think we should keep it that way. We'd have to vote all over again if it were to be changed...

And i think the numbers Paul has suggested seem fair enough...they're fairly spread out and the custom titles seem within reason....i dont think it should be any lower than in that ballpark...i'd say 400 at the lowest so 500 is a good figure for me....maybe other will disagree. I dono, we'll have to wait and see. Maybe the jump from 250 to 500 is a little bit of a stretch but i think it can be pulled off :slight_smile:. I do anticipate some ppl having trouble with it....but i for one like it.

13. Triplume

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

I think, in this sense, a "member" would just merely be someone with membership in a group, while "regular" implies that said person frequently participates with the group they're in. Like a "regular" at a coffeehouse or something. Which would make sense for Regular to come after Member.

And we should probably avoid idioms... just 'cause they can cause confusion.

:slight_smile:

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have set this up using these levels:

Newbie - 0 posts
    Member - 10 posts
    Regular - 50 posts
    Well-Known - 100 posts
    EC Addict - 250 posts

own title - 500 posts

Those with 500 posts or more can now store up to 500 PMs (for others it is 200) and can send PMs to up to 10 people at time (for others it is 5).

We have two members (excluding mods) with over 500 posts now - goratrix and joeyconnick - congratulations guys! Please let me know if the custom user title works (it should be an option in "My Settings".

15. david nelson

david nelson Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Boy!!!!by the time I got a custom title, I'd be 60...500 posts is a bunch...there has to be a lot of maltriculation here, so why bother...Don't get me wrong,,,,just because I'm new here, I realize the expectations of any one person....a lot of us are going to get older and move on, some are going to get bored, and move on, some are going to get maturity, and move on, some are going to find some one, and move on, and on and on..Why set the goals so high that they are un-realistic...Just my opinion...Feel free to clobber me if I'm wrong...

16. Micah

Custom Titles aren't the be all and end all of the website :tongue:

It's just something fun for the people who stick around and make EC the site it is.

17. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One post a day and you'll be there in a year and a half. Two posts a day and you'll be there just over 8 months.

Another way is to enter and win the talent contest. They you get the "EC Competition Winner" title and can change it to anything you like.

Anyway, as Dave says it's just a bit of fun, and a nice bonus for the regulars.

You get to use the blogs and gallery at just 10 posts, so you are there already!

18. Micah

Oh thats right. Yup enter the current Empty Closets competition and you have a pretty good chance of getting a custom title :wink:

LINK

19. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Hey 500 posts isn't that much, i mean i've only been here for....*runs to check sign up date*...

OH! Wow, has it really been a year...thats scary...but i took like a four month break, not including summer vacation. But if memory serves, i was at 300 in four months. It's not as hard as it sounds, if something interesting engages you here, before you know it you've posted 10 times just in on thread. Which is significant.

20. step49x

I think just being here is interesting.

While I don't think I'm posting as often as I did right after I joined, I'm still on here almost daily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.