1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member Interviews

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by randomly me, May 8, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Credit to AgenderMoose for these.

1. If you were to describe yourself with a kind of weather, what would it be?
    My soul is the essence of a rainy day.

2. What draws you towards another person?
    Something I find extremely admirable in another person is a high level of self discipline. Also, I am drawn to intelligence, eccentricity, and confidence.

3. What do you see when you look in the mirror?
    A twisted up young guy.

4. Eyes are often referred to as "windows of the soul". What do you think someone's eyes say about them? What do you see from looking into your own eyes?
    The eyes say a lot. I often miss what other people's eyes convey, but in my own I can see a lot of pain.

5. What do you value more: individual or group strength?
    It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.

6. Which of the seven heavenly virtues (chastity, charity, humility, temperance, patience, diligence, kindness) do you see as the most important? Which do you think you have the most of?
    Perhaps kindness. It is, in a way, all-encompassing.Though personally I find Temperance very honorable and I strive for it. Me? Maybe chastity... But to be honest I'm not the most virtuous bloke.

7. Would you prefer to travel into the depths of space or the depths of the ocean?
    Space

8. What do you think the color of your soul is? What about your best friend? Crush/Significant Other?
    My soul is the colour of the sky on a rainy day: grey-white with blue undertones.
    I have no friend or significant other.

9. If you could identify yourself by a symbol, what would it be and why?
    A cross. I'm a Christian, my birth name is derived from that theme, and it is a symbol of suffering (and consequently rising from it).

10. If you had the ability to go back in time and change one thing in your life, what would you change (if anything) and why? If you wouldn't change anything, why not?
    I might change my decision to come out when I did. It proved to be most illogical.

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Will be happy to partake if anyone feels up to sending a few questions :slight_smile:

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Shout out to Phoenix77 for sending me these.

1. What is the origin of your username? If you could change it, would you change it to something else? If so, what would it be?
    I don’t have a super exciting story behind it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Simply chose because I was browsing for a username; searched up some names of stars/constellations, then trees/plants (really anything for inspiration), and came across Alder. I liked how it sounded so here I am. I don’t really want to change it but if I did, I would probably change it to something more related to my name (some variation of Jake/Jacob).

2. If you had a full day to yourself, to do whatever you wanted to do, what would you do? List them in order of interest
    Hard to say actually! Let’s assume I just have one day, where I am now, with the things I have now.
    Off the top of my head I would:
    • Write a song/record a cover of a song/practice an instrument, anything music related
    • Watch a movie or a few episodes of a TV show
    • Skype a friend
    • Go out and browse some record stores and book stores
    • Write something (a little creative writing)
    • Cook a good dinner and fall asleep reading or watching something nice

3. If you had the opportunity to visit 5 places in the world, where would you go? How long would you ideally spend in each place? Would you want to do anything specific in each place?

I’ve already visited many places I have wanted to visit which I’m so grateful for. But If I could re-visit some of them too, the 5 places I would pick would be: (I'm going to just go for cities, to make this easier :lol:slight_smile:
    Venice. A day or two. I’d like to go on a gondola ride again and just explore the shops there.
    Vancouver. A few weeks. Spent a lot of my childhood there; a lot of the places spark memories for me. Wouldn’t even want to do anything specific, just live there for a while again.
    Paris. 2-3 days. Last time I was there my friend and I went on a boat ride and it was one of the most peaceful things ever. That was a nice experience and I would repeat that.
    Switzerland. For a week. Such a beautiful country. I’d like to go up to the mountains there.
    Beijing. For a week. I’m Chinese but I’ve never actually been to many places in China. I’d like to visit the tourist attractions and get some local food to enjoy at the restaurants and all that.

4. Have you noticed any changes in yourself since being a New Member (Just after joining) on EC? Has EC brought about any positive changes in you? Do you have any advice for new comers on EC?
    I think I’ve become more accepting of myself and in a more knowledgable place of mind about sexuality and gender. Another big thing, I’ve also learned about so many different experiences amongst our community (stories, individuals, backgrounds), and I’m a better person because of that. As per self discovery wise, when I joined I identified as a confused girl who was just starting to come to terms with the fact that she likes girls. And now? Well…

Advice for newcomers: Don't be afraid to join in on any thread and get to know people on here (within the EC guidelines). Everyone's quite friendly and supportive. EC is a great site but an important thing is to follow the rules and terms of being on here to keep it a safe place. Also: It's okay to be still figuring things out; it's okay to be scared and to have doubts. You will get there. Wherever you are in your life right now you can find support and a way to keep going.

5. IF you had the chance (read: Resources) to do something good for the LGBTQ+ community, would you (a) Open a free mobile LGBTQ+ community center to help people in need with resources, counselling and therapy over a wider area? OR (b) Open an online/telephonic center to help people through Chat/Phone counselling.
    Both of these sound good! I would choose (a) since it seems personal and I think could potentially meet many of the needs of LGBTQ+ folk - and could be very useful, but (b) can also work because an online/telephone center could potentially reach more people.

6. Would you want to become a public icon for LGBTQ+? What type of icon would you be? (Like an open supporter/philanthropist? Or Political Icon?)
    I'm not naturally a very public person and I wouldn't say it's a main goal in my life to be a world famous icon or anything. However if I could make a difference, I definitely wouldn't be against it. Maybe not so much political; maybe through my creative endeavours I could spread the word and awareness about LGBTQ+ issues, share my experiences and support to people that way.

#283 Alder, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    New members should really try this :slight_smile:

5. Nanodae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm quite new so I would love to be interviewed :grin:

6. Nanodae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Shout out to SiKiHe for sending me these questions:

1. When did you realize you were gay? or had you always known?
    - Oooh, tough one. I think when I was younger I did believe I was straight, or perhaps I was led to believe so because of society and the people around me. I have found quotes and journal writings from aged 11/12 where I write about finding the perfect girl, so I clearly knew I was not straight at that age. After that I did believe I was bisexual but after a period of time, I began to realise that I had no interest in men and could not see myself in a relationship with a man. Few years later around 18-19 I truly accepted myself as a lesbian and never been happier. Was a confusing, bumpy road. But I am here :slight_smile:

2. What sorts of food do you like?
    I love sushi, and other Japanese dishes. I love Chinese and Italian food, noodles, chow mein, pasta and lasagna. I love a roast dinner and sandwiches. I enjoy most food, especially dessert, cheese, fish and pastry. Ooh and jacket potatoes, and I butter almost everything. Plus peanut butter <3 However, I really dislike anything spicy and I'm not big on meat or Indian foods.

3. Where did you come up with your username?
    I honestly cannot remember, I've had this username before someplace else. I know I made it up but not sure how it came to me. Kept it ever since. I believe I was trying to make up a name on a virtual pet side... not sure.

4. If you could live in any established, fictional world, where would you live and why?
    Hmm, I have not been reading as much as I use to so I'm not going to think back to a world in my books. I have seen a few seasons of the L World and I would not complain if I were living there :slight_smile: need I explain?

5. What about another person do you notice first when you meet them? Both in real life and online.
    Lately, I've been noticing bubbly-happy characters... the types of people that can just cheer you up by a few exchanged words, ones who seem genuine. They stick in my mind a lot in real life. Personality I suppose, I feel that a lovely personality can turn an 'average-looking' person into a beautiful person. I do have a certain type of lady I find instantly attractive but a charming personality in a lady other than my type can make me fall for her too.
    Online- I've not really had much luck making friends or forming close relations online so I'm not sure what I would notice in an online person - maybe their profile picture as it's visual, sometimes I look at an online person and think back to a previous post they made - so perhaps that.

6. What brings you joy when you find yourself in darker times?
    I believe my work does, I work as a Care Assistant and I absolutely love it - bringing smiles to people's faces and being around others. If I'm not at work and it's more of a short-term fix, listening to music or writing out my feelings can help.

7. What are the perks of living in England, and what are the downsides?
    Well, I've been here all my life so I can only compare based on what I have seen on television or read about of other places.
    Perks: The accent, I love it... you know when you hear American accents on tv time and time again only to hear a British accent? feels like home <3 I would also say that not having to pay for college unless you're over 18 is great so I got that sorted (we finish high school at 16). Having NHS funded degree's at university = no tuition. So great for people who want to become nurses like me or perhaps midwives or paramedics, a bummer if you want to do anything else, but you can still take out a loan and pay it back each month after you graduate and find work.

Downsides: Cost of living & house prices, getting pretty high which is not great. I do worry for the future but I let that stay at the back of my mind and focus on now. Another downside, compared to the US: not having the huge range of weather and climates like our friends in the states do. They have the prairies, glaciers, deserts, mountains etc.. whatever you want, hot, rainy, cloudy, cold, windy, large city, small city, it's just a drive or a plane ride away to the same country and it can be so different.

8. If you could go anywhere in the world, and in any time, but you could never return to this time and place, where and when would you go?
    Hmmm, well I think I would finish up what I started here in terms of my education so I'd make sure I had graduated before moving. Tied a few loose ends, say my goodbyes. I would have to go someplace with a colder climate & still speaks English. Maybe a nice city in Canada with mountains nearby, so Calgary comes to mind.

9. Are you in college/university? if you are, what are you studying?
    In university studying adult nursing to become a registered nurse, only in my first year but really enjoying it.

10. How'd you get that charmin' smile?
    Believe it or not, I had these awful rabbit teeth when I was young - people poked so much fun, I even remember teachers pointing and saying things about them. After getting braces, my charmin' smile was born.
    I do have to wear clear plastic retainers every night during sleep to keep the teeth in place after the braces treatment as I am still growing they said. I can stop wearing them in my early 20's. For now, I keep on smiling... thank you^^

7. SiKiHe

Your answers were interesting to read. :grin:

8. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't mind questions if anyone wants to partake :slight_smile:

9. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks to GreenRanger for sending me these :grin:

1.) Use 3 colors to describe yourself
    - Forest green, blue, grey

2.) If you are gonna tour me in your country, what places would you bring me and why?
    - The United States as a whole is so diverse, but I think the West Coast has the most to offer in terms of diversity. :wink: The Pacific Coast Highway (California) is full of sights, and heading up to Oregon and Washington (Northwest) the terrain changes a bit but it's still really amazing. I think driving through/seeing the Redwood National Park is probably the most scenic thing to see along with the PCH.

3.) What is your most embarrassing moment?
    - I've had a lot of embarrassing moments, unfortunately...but to narrow it down to just one, I think it was when I accidentally walked into the wrong classroom in high school and sat down in a chair, completely oblivious until I realized once the class actually started. I was too nervous to get up and leave, so I just stayed there. I also effed up a presentation in college, but that's due to my anxiety.

4.) Which celebrity would you want to take to a date and where? Why?
    - Could I go back in time and date Nico Mirallegro's character "Finn" from MMFD? I'd love to go to a concert or relax somewhere like a bookstore or a music store and just have a nice conversation about music or life in general. His character in that show is so cute and shy, I'd love to just have a casual date with him. Either that, or I wouldn't mind doing the same with a cute bear guy, but no celebrities are coming to mind.

Pokemon questions:
    5.) If you will become a Pokemon, what will your type/types be and why?
    - I would just choose to be a ditto, but if I had to choose by type, probably grass/bug or ghost/poison. Mostly because those types are my favorite, and I think they're fitting for me.

6.) In the Pokemon world, who will be the 6 Pokemon in your team?
    - Dartrix, Typhlosion, Haunter, Scizor, Arcanine, Toucannon

7.) Which Pokemon character would you want to date and why?
    - Morty! He's my favorite gym leader

10. SiKiHe

just gonna bump thiss in case someone wants to send me some questions

11. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd love to be interviewed :slight_smile:

12. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll be interviewed!

13. SiKiHe

Thanks, Kodo, for the questions.

1. If you could live with a fictional character in their world and home for one year, who would you choose and why?
    Tough one. My first pick was Dexter Morgan but then again I could be a target of some serial killers...So I'll go with living with Elrond in LoTR. I've always liked elves...[maybe it's the effeminate face on strong, peaceful male characters] And Tolkien's works are the best of the best for fantasy. Rivendell here I come!

2. Who inspires you?
    My Fiance, who is always surprising me with his intelligence, creativity, and immense support.
    [artistically I'll go with Stephen King]

3. What is a song that describes you, or your life presently?
    Lost Boy by Ruth B.

4. What skill do you wish to master?
    Drawing. I try, and I'm decent, but I don't think I'll ever be amazing. Doesn't mean I won't try. I've got comic books to write you know.

5. What, to you, is the most beautiful thing in nature?
    Another tough one...Forests in general, But falling leaves specifically. Something about how death can bring out this crazy level of beauty, a beauty that fades to feed the earth it came from. The cycle of it all really strikes me.

6. If you could relive any year of your life without changing anything that happened, what age would you choose and why?
    When I was 20, My fiance and I had been dating for about 2 years. We had many ups and downs. I got caught smoking behind his back, we fought. I quit my job to move in with him. We learned a lot about love and forgiveness that year and we grew. There aren't many things in life I'd be willing to relive but that year, and all the good that grew from it would be one of them.

7. What is your favourite piece of clothing that you own?
    If I answer vague I'd say a necklace with the ring from Uncharted on it. I wear it daily [I almost never take it off] and it was a gift from the old man.
    If I stick to actual clothes I'd say my brown leather jacket I found for a steal at a thrift store that fits me exactly the way I want it to.

8. A work of fiction that changed your life (in any manner big or small)?
    The Dark Half by Stephen King. It sounds kind of funny but the idea that a part of you that you don't like could be just another separate person was a surprisingly big help with depression and identity issues.

9. If you could be eating anything right now, what would it be?
    Oh man, don't give me that freedom. Probably Papa John's Pizza. [I've given up takeout and delivery foods for 4 months now...the pizza is calling me]

10. What are three negative adjectives and three positive adjectives that you would use to describe yourself?
    Negative: Impatient, Bull-headed, Loud.
    Positive: Polite, Empathetic, Determined.

11. What are five of your favourite smells?
    Kodo what is it with you and smells? :lol:
    Lilac, Saddle wood, Old leather, Burning hickory, and paint. And no. I don't huff paint. I mean pains you'd make art with.

12. What superhero (if any) do you relate the most to?
    Deadpool and Nightcrawler.

13. What or who brings you joy?
    What: Just silence. Need more simple silence. Who: Take a wild shot in the dark and-- OOps you landed on Fiance :roflmao:

14. Best and worst time of day?
    Best would have to be the evening. I'm more of a night owl. The worst is not the morning though, it's lunch time. I either forget to eat, or I'm starved hours before it's time.

15. Coffee or tea?
    I'm not partial to either. I was a big Soda drinker. Tea never sat right with me and coffee is always too strong or too sweet and I can't find the in-between. But I'm giving up caffeine so guess I never will.

14. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone's favorite* trash skelemoose is open for questions, if anyone is inclined

[​IMG]

(*disclaimer: probably not anyone's favorite)

#295 AgenderMoose, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  15. killswitch0029

I'm down for an interview :slight_smile:

16. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Tell me about a fond childhood memory.

2. What are your five favourite smells?

3. Who inspires you?

4. If you could live with any fictional character for a year in their world and home, who would it be and why?

5. What are three books that, in your opinion, everyone should read?

6. What animal best represents you and why?

7. If you could choose between fluency in every human language or mastery of every musical instrument, what would you pick?

8. Something you (figuratively) cannot live without?

9. Would you rather be a ghost who could never be seen or touched forever observing the world, or endlessly reincarnated into animals or people with only an echo of knowledge of your past lives?

10. What would you like to be drinking right now?

11. What do you consider the most beautiful thing in nature?

12. Describe yourself with a song.

------

Anyone else may feel free to use these questions as well.

17. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks to Kodo for these questions :eusa_danc

1. If you could live with a fictional character in their world and home for one year, who would you choose and why?

Probably Papyrus from Undertale. For multiple reasons:
    1. Puzzle and spaghetti bonds
    2. I'd need someone more active to balance out my bouts of laziness or I'd get nothing done.
    3. He's outspoken and I'd need a counterbalance for that because I hate taking initiative.
    4. snOWDIN HAS SNOW AND I LIKE SNOW A WHOLE LOT
    5. Also because world things that means I could visit Waterfall which is a beautiful placeohmilord

2. If you could have wings to fly or gills on your neck to breathe underwater, which would you choose?

Hm...Probably wings. I have a lot of places I need to travel to and wings would be the best way. I don't have that much water around me anyway. If I were to try and travel far by swimming I'd probably have to go all the way to the Mississippi just to dive into water that I can get far and swim into to get anywhere. Even though gills would be super cool, I have to go with wings for practicality.

3. What is a song that describes you, or your life presently?

[YOUTUBE]VK4Wk_8PbcI[/YOUTUBE]

I've got a lot of plans for my future that are hard to achieve and I'm sure many don't think I'll be able to do. But I'll be damned if I don't fight and bring everything I've got to the table to get myself on the right path and make it work. I am not throwing away my shot.

Also, on top of all that "Only 19 but my mind is older" resonates a lot with me as a lyric for now.

4. What would your "dream home" be like?

Mmm...An observatory would be important. Coupled with that would be that the house has to be at a good place out somewhere where I'd be able to have a nice, clear view of the stars. A study type room would be nice. A calm room with lots of books, art stuff, little puzzles or projects, things like that.

...Also a slide.

5. What, to you, is the most beautiful thing in nature?

...Space is natural. Am I allowed to say space? If not, the sky, especially with rain or snow.

6. If you could relive any year of your life without changing anything that happened, what age would you choose and why?

Like...about 7? I never had to worry about school work because it was all mind-numbingly easy, and that gave me plenty of time to play Pokemon Stadium and things.

7. What makes you laugh the hardest?

Both jokes that are incredibly clever (especially with literary references. Cask of Amontillado jokes kill me) and memes. But not just any memes. Only the memes that are done right. Only quality memes for me.

8. A work of fiction that changed your life (in any manner big or small)?

Definitely gonna say Undertale. It put a lot of things in perspective for me. On top of that, it got me drawing a lot again, which helped me improve.

9. If you could be eating anything right now, what would it be?

I'm not that hungry but...I guess some grapes would be nice.

10. What are three negative adjectives and three positive adjectives that you would use to describe yourself?

- Lazy
    - Arrogant
    - Stubborn
    + Eccentric
    + Intelligent
    + Ambitious

11. What are five of your favourite smells?

1. Lavender
    2. Vanilla
    3. Rain
    4. Old Spice
    5. Fire

12. If you had the opportunity to know exactly when and how you were to die, being unable to prevent it, would you accept that information or choose not to know?

I don't wanna know. I'm already an anxious mess, that would just make it worse.

13. What or who brings you joy?

My direct family and close friends are definitely top tier for that. They always have my back.

14. Best and worst time of day?

Best for me would be around Midnight to 3, or the late afternoon. Worst for me is definitely around 7 - noon. I'm not an early riser.

15. Favourite dessert?

But...but I like so many desserts... Uhm... I'll say chocolate mousse pie. That's still one of my favorites, even though I haven't had it in a long time.

18. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I'm reasonably bored right now, so I'm up for an interview.

19. Patrick7269

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Member Interview Questions
    1)Did you enjoy your time in the military?

I didn't serve in the military and honestly I don't think I would have enjoyed it back when I was young enough to enlist. Today I think I could serve and feel comfortable enough to be out and enjoy the experience.

2)What was your most embarassing moment?

Being caught semi-clothed with my step-brother (by his father) when I was 12 and he was 13. A lot of rage happened very quickly, I was sent to therapy, and the topic was quickly dropped in profound shame and a feeling of taboo. It was about as embarrassing (unfortunately) as some other moments of my life, but no other embarrassing moment has had as much impact.

A close second (extra "credit"!) would be confessing a crush and a true feeling of soul-level connection to a married guy (yes) who I believe to this day was closeted. He may or may not have been closeted, but he most certainly was my coworker! Double ouch. We were good friends and I rationalized that since we didn't have sex it wasn't cheating. I was wrong.

3)What country would you want to live in and why?

I have heard that the quality of life and work/life/leisure equation works really well in Australia. Having never been there though, it seems like a speculative choice at best.

I think a western European country such as Belgium, Denmark, Germany would be in the ballpark. Anything with culture, progressive thinking, balance, tolerance, and of course, really fast and cool trains!

4)Preference between No-guilt or regret Hookup, or longstanding relationship?

Definitely a longstanding relationship simply because it seems more rare. There isn't an app for everything you need in life.

5)What is your favorite and worst movie?

My favorite IS the worst movie of all time - literally - Xanadu, 1980. It necessitated the "Rotten Tomato" award to fully articulate, in a fresh vernacular, the true visual depravity and silliness of this film. However, the soundtrack from Olivia Newton-John and Electric Light Orchestra (bear with me, kids) won many awards. The movie is a great soundtrack used to animate a train wreck of a script. But the core idea (the notion of inspiration and finding your purpose in life) could have had potential.

My favorite _good_ move is Donnie Darko. It's quirky and weird science fiction at its best and it doesn't even try to make complete sense. It's dark, creepy, and really tantalizing.

A movie I just don't care for personally - anything from the "Rambo" series (long ago), Vin Diesel, or Jackie Chan. You get the picture.

6)Favorite idea of a romantic date?

A walk on the beaches around Seattle or the waterfront fumbling for words because the chemistry is so strong and the butterflies won't let the words out right.

7)Favorite smells or sounds?

Smell - a Christmas candle that was made by Avon as a red figurine of carolers. The evergreen pine scent from that (a modern marvel of toxic chemicals to be sure) brings me straight back to Christmas of '76 (or so) and all that childhood holiday memories evoke.

Sounds - the syncopated beat of track under an Amtrak Superliner railroad car as the train is at speed (90 mph usually). It's not a uniform "clickety clack" but more of an organized rhythm. As a train goes over rail joints, switches, crossovers, road crossings, and other kinds of track features you can hear an almost musical rhythm. My dad was a railroader all my life and most of my important trips growing up (including my "coming out" visit to dad) were set against this rhythm.

8) Most do-able actor?

Matthew McConnoughey in Contact, which is a movie older than many of you. The boy was pretty fine in his day. Find images or stream it because Matthew just about sets fire to his red scarf and dress jacket with his burning, churning brown eyes - something like this. I shall now try to refrain from licking the screen to rescue what little dignity I have left.

9) Is it better to have online only contact for support or in-person?

In an ideal world I think our support would be in-person, just as for most people regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. I do think we uniquely benefit from online support because of the anonymity and freedom. However, the level of support and the quality of engagement we must have from somewhere in our lives can only come in person. I say that with much gratitude for EC for what it's already done in my life.

10) What is do you believe people can do to expand the knowledge and acceptance by non-LGBTIQ community?

Come out, and make your mark on the world that only an LGBTQ person can make. Accept the challenges that come with being different and understand that your identity is part of your unique gift. Life a life out and fully expressed. Be the love that can overcome hate.