1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mechanism of sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dudette, May 21, 2018.

1. dudette

I have noticed something weird and kinda politically incorrect.
    Is it possible just possible that

-the very first core of sexuality is hardwired for example we get turn on by this or that via our senses (touch and sight) and mind (fantasies and dreams), and this hardwired phenomena follow with the hardwired romantic feelings such as crushes.

-the second layer would be the way how we decide to interpreted this hardwired sexuality.
    I mean I have noticed that people tend to interpret their hardwired sexuality differently thats why I think that there has to be this "second layer" when it comes to sexual orientation.

But then if there is this "second layer" when it comes to sexual orientation then it is possible for a person to "convert" (there are some people who claim it worked for them). For example I watched these videos on youtube and read some articles which claimed that homosexual guys like vaginas (both on women and men) while heterosexual guys like penises (both on women and men) or now the most common is if you don't have rape fantasies or don't masturbate then you are basically asexual or there is one more which is quite common which is that all people are hardwired to be sexually attracted to the same gender because it is some kind of biological mechanism (basically if as a guy, you see another guy naked then the reason why you want to have sex with him is because he reminds you of having sex with a girl). There are a lot more different examples like this on the internet which claim to be scientific.

So it really seems to me that it is possible to be sexually attracted to guys or girls (hardwired) but interpret it the way that you think that you are not actually attracted to guys or girls (via reason).

Or is it possible just possible that the "second layer" is just "being in the closet", and sexual orientation is supposed to be only experienced via senses and not via reason?

What do you think?

#1 dudette, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it works like that for most people. Most of the straight guys I've known really dislike seeing other guy's penises so it doesn't remind them of having sex with a girl. I assume it's the same for women and vaginas. Not having rape fantasies definitely doesn't make someone asexual either - everyone's fantasies are different. There's a ton of stuff claiming to be scientific that isn't at all close to being scientific and this seems like that type of thing.

The only way I could see this working is for bisexuals since they can interpret which gender they like more and stay with that one forever while avoiding the other gender if they want to.

Biguyjosh likes this.
  3. Biguyjosh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't imagine a straight guy like penis or liking looking at a nude guy b/c it reminds them of sex with a woman or a gay guy liking a vagina b/c it reminds them of gay sex. I like looking a nude guys and penis but it definitely doesn't remind me of women or wanting sex with a women. And the vice versa is true as well.

Destin likes this.
  4. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with Biguyjosh.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The hardwired attraction is generally for one sex or the other (or sometimes both). So the idea that we interpret the attraction is generally not correct.

It's also BS that if you don't have rape fantasies or don't masturbate that you are asexual. And the idea that you want to have sex with a guy (if you're a guy) because it reminds you of a girl is just... ridiculous. I don't know where you're getting your info, but there's an awful lot of absolute crap out there with no basis in science or research or anything else, so please be careful what you believe. :slight_smile:

In short... arousal is largely hardwired. If you are aroused or excited around guys, and you're a guy... you're gay. If guys don't turn you on... you're probably straight. If guys and girls turn you on... you're probably bi.

Destin likes this.
  6. dudette

So basically this "second layer" is just bs?
    But then how come this is kinda popular on the internet?
    what is the core reason of it, I mean is this some kinda of conspiracy?

Like I found this nice scientific research which suggest that if you get turn on by naked guy it doesn't mean that you are gay because it is like in the situation when you see tasty food you will produce saliva, but at the same you might not eat it.
    Furthermore, if you get turn on by hugging a guy it also doesn't mean that you are gay because your body is just preparing for sex, it is like when a dog humps a teddy bear, it doesn't mean that the dog is sexually attracted to the teddy bear.

7. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know dogs also often hump teddy bears (and other dogs) because they are stressed for example... We don't do that, do we? In short we're not dogs.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know about conspiracy, but

[​IMG]
    Something tells me that "scientific research" wouldn't stand up to even the slightest scrutiny.

In short, a lot of what you read on the 'net is BS, unfortunately.

#8 Chip, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Destin likes this.