1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Matthew Shephard's ashes to be interred, 20 years after murder

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by resu, Oct 11, 2018.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45817694

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great heads up. Thanks.

Couple years ago I went to the hospital in Fort Collins CO where Mathew died. I plan to go to Wyoming and see the spot where he was tied to a fence. I remember this event vividly.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's so strange to me that it was only 20 years ago. It seems so much longer ago than that to me. I remember the whole angel wings at the funeral as really formative to my notions of the community. It's so strange to me that I had been out for years when it happened, that I had already met my husband when it happened. It's strange how you remember things...

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 4 years old when this happened, but I just remember a year ago or so there was another Matthew Shepard post here where I actually learned the details. I have heard about his death years ago, and obviously I was devastated, but I never learned the full details back then.
    Awful what happened.

5. InStandbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He deserves it. Even though I wasn't alive, I feel guilty that someone of the same species would do such a thing. Matthew Shepard deserves to be honored. No one should be killed because of who they are.

6. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am thinking of Matthew Shepard on the day his ashes are being laid to rest. Does anyone desire to visit his ashes? We need to remember that his life, and every life is precious. I believe his honorable parents would appreciate anyone visiting his ashes.

7. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Humans are really still just animals at the end of the day. It's all about power play. Our closest relatives are frequently observed ganging up on one of their own and beating them to death not to mention how they treat rival groups. Although 'rival groups' in human terms is more ideological than familial these days. Parents killing or disowning their children. Children killing their parents. School shooters. Countries invading and destroying other countries. Hatred and destruction are a part of human nature.

I will most likely let my own life run it's natural course but I could never in all good conscience create a new life.