1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masturbation and Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Groosenator, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alright so I'm curious what others do to get past dysphoria or how much of an issue dysphoria is for others when it comes to masturbation.

For me, I have a really hard time if I don't have some kind of visual or something to focus my mind onto. If I don't have some kind of visual, then I typically picture a fictional male doing what I wish I could do and project myself vicariously through him. If I think even for a second about what genitals I really have, it's a big turn-off. Basically it's a game of how effectively can I forget for the time being what I have (or don't have) between my legs. on my chest, etc.

Does anyone else trans* have similar difficulties? Also would this fall under the category of dysphoria?

2. ProtegeMoi

Its not enjoyable and the further I get transitioning the less I even think about it. Then again I get disgusted seeing a bulge down there when I am in the mirror getting ready. Or waking from a good dream to realize its "morning time". I really can't stand it and even now my stomach is churning.

TLDR: I can't even get into it because I don't want to see, feel or think about it

3. Just Jess

It's a lot like that for me. 1/2 the time, it's anything I can do to feel like a woman and then only after that I can introduce a sex partner into the fantasy. With IRL partners pretty much the only things that worked for me were oral and hands, which is kind of one sided and frustrating. I do find ways around that work for masturbation and I guess I'm used enough to those work-arounds that they are kind of routine at this point, but sometimes there's a reminder and it pretty much just is not going to happen after that.

4. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The majority of the time recently I've been identifying as a man (cis), generally if I masturbate too long I start to get less turned on by what I'm fantasizing about and more kind of sad that it's not me.

5. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    This is the exact same thing I struggle with. Apologies if this borders on graphic and obscene but (1) I hate my man parts, I hate the "mess" that happens subsequent to [finishing] the act, and (2) I love the smell, taste and feel of a woman's sexy parts, I am much more turned on by that than any "normal" type of hetero-sex acts. Female penetration with my male parts, or the idea of, completely "stomps on the brakes" kills my sexual urges. Masturbating when my wife is nearby, to hell with that. I am very much attracted to her but this 'thing' between my legs makes me extremely self-conscious when she's right there watching or servicing herself. BJ's only kinda feel good and she very rarely does that for me anyway, so there's that also.

#5 Dinah, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  6. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually glad you mentioned this because that's how I feel reversed. It's like I finish and there is this sense of incompletion like "but I didn't finish I mean where is it??"

Idk, I have this feeling most people are too uncomfortable to talk about this so I appreciate you folks for replying.

7. PeytonRose

For the most part I imagine myself as a woman, being a woman while doing the deed. The catch being that it doesn't always work and at the very end it just doesn't feel right. Currently I do it more out of "need" than a "want." Basic body maintenance and all that jazz....

8. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Likewise.

9. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do a little sometimes, but I don't have bottom dysphoria, mostly because I have this odd aversion towards genitalia, and having a penis is much more visible and... tangible than a vagina, so it doesn't bother me all too much.

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, it depends how I am feeling. When I am feeling more male, obviously, I have no problem with the boy bits. When I'm feeling more like a girl, (I also apologize if this is a bit graphic) I end up rubbing myself between my legs, trying to think of the prominent boy part as it's equivalent girl part, sometimes with fingers or toys going... *ahem*. I might be weird, but for me, there's generally a disconnect between ejaculation and orgasm, and I tend to get wetter and a more powerful orgasm when feeling like a girl, and often little to no white stuff, but when I do it like a boy, it depends on how long it's been since I did it like a boy last. Even when feeling more like a boy, I don't ejaculate at nearly the same time as when I orgasm.

11. Acm

Acm Guest

I've never been able to because of dysphoria

12. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll continue to sing the praises of a hard packer or strap-on whenever this topic comes up. Mine seriously changed things so much for me. My libido is too damn high (and I'm not even on T) and I always had a really difficult time because I didn't want to touch anything and I was terrified of penetration. I managed as best I could and a lot of it would come out in my sleep. On one hand that was great because it offered some relief, but at the same time left me a little frustrated because I couldn't enjoy it.

Once I got my helper(s), I was unstoppable. I'm on a once-a-day at least schedule and couldn't be happier :grin: I just go at it as I would if I was cis, really, maybe apply more pressure and get fancy with some angles to change sensation a bit. It's awesome.

That said, I know it's not for everyone and I think my high libido paired with my super sensitivity is what makes it so great for me. But it's one of those things you should at least try if you can. You never know.

13. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's terribly frustrating. Every time I have to do it, I can't get as much into it because I can't do what the cis-males can do, and I hate it. I only enjoy it at the very end, and then I don't anymore. If only the bottom surgery options were better...