1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Mass Shooting at Orlando Gay Nightclub

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by OnTheHighway, Jun 12, 2016.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dear, one thing I admire about muslims is that they follow the words of their gospel so faithfully (unlike christians who only cherry pick what's convenient for them) and Islam hates Gays just like any other religion. Are you even surprised?

2. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm absolutely Shocked to say the least, It's Heartbreaking.
    50 People. So many Innocent lives lost.

3. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    1. Not all religions are hateful against LGBT people. (both, in practice and doctrine)
    2. There are actually many LGBT friendly Muslims. Granted, the acceptance rate is much lower than that in Christians, but it's unfair to say that all Muslims are the same. My sister-in-law is from a Palestinian (Muslim) family and there is a gay couple in her family that is accepted by them.

#123 Skaros, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Christianity and Islam both consider homosexuality an abomination. I'm sorry, there's no nice way to that. They believe we deserve to punished for being gay or transgender (they don't even think these two things are totally different terms). Even if they "support" us they still feel that we should "change" in order to be saved or go to heaven or whatever the hell they believe in. If any of these "peaceful" religions are right and gay people end up in hell they are just going to be like "I told you so".

I cannot be pro-gay and pro-Islam (or pro-Religion for that matter) at the same time. It's an oxymoron. It goes against my interests, my nature and my safety.

5. Lazuri

Religion as guidelines on how to treat your fellow man is alright, but when you start following scripts written literally thousands of years ago to the letter, the only thing you're doing is preventing progress as a species, and that goes for virtually every religion. Humanity moves forward and everything we have created needs to move forward too or it will drag us down. What if we never updated our knowledge and understanding of medicine? Not updating religion is just as dumb.

Love your neighbor, don't steal, be compassionate, do not murder etc etc. That stuff is fucking top, but all the hateful stuff really needs to just go; all it does is give people an excuse to hate and feel justified doing it.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Can you blame them, though? They think those hateful words are God's words. You cannot expect a very religious muslim not to hate gays when their god tells him so. I admire their faithfulness, I really do, but their religion and my way of life simply cannot co-exist. Gays are more functional around some christian societies TODAY, because they are hypocrites and just ignore the first half of their bibles.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ISIS and other extremists make up less than 1% of Muslims, and they don't speak for Muslims as a whole or represent Islam. You're almost throwing all Muslims into the same boat because of the actions of a few individuals, and forgetting that there are LGBTQ Muslims and those who advocate for equality in Islamic nations.

Most Muslims advocate for peace and are against violence, so throwing them under the bus because of an extremist does nothing. It would be like saying all Christians support the genocide of the LGBTQ community because one pastor says we should be publicly executed and the WBC pickets the funerals of murdered queer people. It doesn't make sense.

8. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is horrible. I can't believe there's people capable of doing this.

9. Lazuri

The default conclusion of that should be "God might not always be right." That, or you should realize that the bible wasn't written by god personally, but by men that you didn't know. Even if god spoke to them if he (or she) exists, there's no guarantee these men relayed his words accurately. In fact, knowing man's hateful nature, it's more likely they did not.

I recognize that there MIGHT be a god (I'm an agnostic) but if a god exists, I think that he (or she) is simply a creator. I'd think that god simply likes making stuff and pays little attention to what their creations do except maybe an interest in how they evolve. If I was a god with the power to create anything, that's what I would do. If god actually exists in some form and has influence over us, then... Well, I think Stephen Fry said it best.

10. JesseDayne

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Horrific. Stricter gun laws won't end bigotry/homophobia, but limiting the amount of ammunition a gun can unload without reloading and banning the sale in this country of assault rifles will stop one man from so easily murdering 50 people in one night.

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think christianity is a threat to our rights as well. They still want to shove their bible down our throats (just the parts that are convenient for them of course) when we ask for gay marriage or gay adoption or SRS. Some of them are happy that this just happened.

But, you know, today the worst massacre in the USA against gay people (or any civil group) was done by a muslim not by a christian.

12. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's so disturbing that all these people went there with good intentions and 50 of them are never coming back. I'm infuriated by all these innocent people having lost their lives for simply being who they are.

13. Lazuri

Well, he claimed he was muslim, but if you don't live after their creed--which condemns these actions--was he really a muslim? It's better to just call them what they are; hateful, greedy, moronic, base and power hungry men. Nothing more, nothing less.

Muslims aren't bad people; christians aren't bad people; bad people are bad people. It really is that simple.

14. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been trying not to cry.

I said to my stepdad "I don't like living in a world where things like what happened in Orlando can happen". His response was "Then help change it".

By god will I try. There's not much that I can do this instant, but I will try my damn best to change the world for the better. I cannot stand to let things like this continue happening.

...Now I am crying a little.

15. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You won't get anywhere with that attitude. In fact, you'll make it worse because now they have a reason to not accept you. We need to work to co-exist, not create division.

16. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I never said religious people were all bad, but those two religions are terrible for our community. They do more harm than they do good for us (I can't even think of anything POSITIVE that they have done for our community) I don't know if Gay activists support Islam but if they do they should stop doing it.

17. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not about supporting Islam. It's about now being rude to those who are Muslim or Christian or whatever. If you show them that you hate them because of their religious beliefs, then they damn well have more of a reason to hate you.

I have many Christian friends. One is a devout Catholic, and she fully accepts me and my sexual orientation. If all I show her is that I dislike her and her beliefs, could I achieve any level of acceptance from her? No. It would leave her with a bad taste of the LGBT community.

18. LatinCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Orlando Florida gay club shooting

My heart hurts for those who lost their lives. So heartbreaking!

19. AllRyledUp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Such an awful awful thing... So senseless! It makes me so mad.

gofundme.com/orlandopulsestrong

There is a couple places to donate to help the victims.

#139 AllRyledUp, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  20. AllRyledUp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I concur 100%
    Not one positive thing!