1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by PlainJane, May 5, 2018.

1. PlainJane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m a 30 year old female and just recently am willing to admit to myself that I’m (at least) heteroflexible & biromantic— if not bisexual. Bisexual doesn’t “feel right” yet, as I’ve never been with a female. My husband is fine with me even dating females, as long as we have completely open communication. But, I live in a small town. So, there aren’t many opportunities for relationships with the same gender... that I know of. I wouldn’t be looking for just a booty call anyways, as I’m pretty demisexual, anyway. It’s not my thing. Anyways!! I have no idea what I’m even asking... I just wanted to kinda meet people who may be in the same place as me in life. Just to know I’m not alone I guess. To hear what they did, etc

Iley28 likes this.
  2. Iley28

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi

Hi. Just a tip of advice..be yourself. Your a lucky woman, your husband is open and understand you. Communication and trust is a big factor. Be always open to your husband. Try to mingle or socialize other females nearby to you by using some mobile apps or chatting in internet. Goodluck to you and be happy

merry likes this.
  3. Limiteded

Limiteded Guest

I’m a married guy and can relate. One thing that helped me was to come out to some close bi females I knew and I could trust. About six years ago was the very beginning of looking into my sexuality. First I thought I just liked anal play, then it became to wondering what the real thing would feel like. It went from that the fantasying about guys to now actually wanting one.

PlainJane likes this.
  4. PlainJane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you still married? Does your wife support you?

5. PlainJane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I’m really trying! I have already felt so much anxiety leave me. I already have a much happier outlook. I think it just comes from being honest with myself and ACCEPTING who I am. I was so afraid he wouldn’t accept me as he used to seem quite homophobic.... but, turns out, not so much. We’ve been together for 15 years... I’m so glad he isn’t going to throw that away.
    m t

Limiteded likes this.
  6. Limiteded

Limiteded Guest

Yes still married but not out to any family.

PlainJane likes this.
  7. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds about like my situation, can I ask if you guys have children?

I realized a few years ago that I am biromantic and often fantasize about being with women. I immediately told my husband and he is understanding and supportive.

We live in a small town and have a sort of public profile or following and are a well known family locally. I’m not sure where to even meet someone.

My husband is sensitive about it because someone close to him left for another person, which i totally understand how crushing that was, but I don’t want to be held responsible for the other person’s actions. I love him, and I want to grow old with him, but our relationship has had it’s ups and downs for sure.

He occasions will say, “I wouldn’t mind if you wanted to be with women, however a strong emotional bond with one would scare me.”

I don’t know how to take that. I am also demisexual and are there even women who want to have relationships with married women? When he says that would be okay all of my fantasies seem to disappear and I can’t even imagine what that would be like.

I believe this sort of discussion can give bisexual people a bad reputation, though I don’t believe that is fair. It is one thing to play games with people and another to be open. Especially when these realizations are happening later in life. I digress...

Where do we go? Where do we start? With so many shared responsibilities can we find the balance needed to expand our hearts so much?