1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Margaret Cho

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nisomer, Apr 24, 2005.

1. nisomer

I just rented her DVD Notorious C.H.O. and watched it, man she is funny AND inspiring. Especially the way she talks about self-esteem, the media, politics, and above all, gay rights. She is very supportive of gay rights, and you can see that on the DVD just by seeing how many gay and lesbian fans she has. She has a pretty serious side to her as well--and when she talks about those things, it is just so inspirational.

Of course she IS a comedian, and is absolutly HILARIOUS! She talks about ANYTHING. Anything from how she has sex, eating disorders, her young dreams, being a minority, her old boyfriends, blow jobs, masturbation, gays, her parents, EVERYTHING! And she makes it all so humorous. I was laughing my ass off.

Anyways, I suggest everyone watch one of her DVD shows because she is so funny and inspirational, and I bet everyone can relate to some of the things she has to say, especially you married gay guys :wink:.

These critic quotes on her website basically sums up everything I had to say...

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just saw her new show, Assassination, live (!) the Friday before last. She has two more DVDs out in addition to Notorious... you guys should totally rent/buy them if you haven't seen them. She is definitely amazing, funny, inspiring, etc. All that nk1114 said.

3. KamiKazeM6

OMFG I love margaret cho. She is so awesome. Never laughed more in my life with Notorious C.H.O.

4. I was out renting a video with my mom when we passed by a Margaret Cho video, which prompted my mom to remark, "Ugh... She is an embarrassment to all Koreans." Which, of course, I totally disagree w/, but I thought it was really funny coming from her b/c she's usually not so opinionated.

5. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

I love Margaret Cho! I go out and get like every one of the DVDs just because she is soooo excellent... but so is Wanda Sykes (in terms of their opinions on gays and lesbians...) But yeah, Margaret Cho is right up there with Barbra Streisand, Elizabeth Taylor and Cher as Queens of the Queers. Any other celebrity hags I'm missing??? :tonuge:

-CK

6. Eligh

Ohh yes, I absolutely love Ms.Cho. In one of the scenes, I remember her talking about her now canceled show at Disney, and how that the producers of the show asked her to loose wieght to play herself. And they also said that they wanted her to be more asian. That just shows how stupid people are and that they cant accept bigger people. That really pisss me off. But away from that, I say she is very attractive for a woman, even though I dont sexualy like wemon. But I think if you are gay or lesbian, that you can say that someone of the opposite sex is attractive, although you arent attracted to them in particular. But back on track, she is hilarious, just a knee slap'n, air gasp'n good time.

7. nisomer

"Be more asian"... HA! Maybe if we'd all be more gay people would love us more!