1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News March being planned for DC in 2017

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Nov 15, 2016.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Million Women March being planned for January 21, 2017 in D.C. – Women in the World in Association with The New York Times – WITW

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ugh. This is getting out of hand. Do something productive for society instead. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen. Help a homeless person get some food. Paint a house. Make your neighbor dinner. Invent something useful. Build a birdhouse. Read a book. Get a part time job. Start a vegetable garden. etc.

3. seeking

Be interesting to see how this turns out....hopefully it won't escalate as we have seen with some protests in the past (tear gas and such).

4. Psaurus918

There are 2 in my city I'll be attending this week. Unfortunately with my schedule I won't be able to make it to DC.

5. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like this idea. Peaceful protesting is productive.

6. Fiender

OR. Or. They could continue to protest a racist becoming president. They could protest to make people know that they're not taking it sitting down, and help minorities and everyone marginalized by Donald Trump and his future administration. Since you're on a gay support forum, I'm sure you could imagine a lot of young, impressionable gay youths feeling very vulnerable and threatened right now, what with the most homophobic governor in the USA becoming VP, and several anti-gay voices getting elevated to the white house. Seeing that you're not alone in protesting this, and that others are willing to take to the streets and voice their concerns LOUDLY could be very beneficial to people feeling marginalized right now.

I mean, sorry if people being vocal about an opinion (one you apparently disagree with) offends your sensibilities.

7. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not offended, I just think all of these people are wasting their time. Is that my opinion? Yeah. Can they use their time how they want to? Sure. But nothing is going to happen. Trump isn't after gay people.

In the meantime, do all of the people protesting have families? They should go home and be with their family rather than wasting time walking down the street. This is like Occupy Wall Street 2.0. How well did that work?

It also doesn't help that the protesters are holding up sigs that say "Rape Melania" and have been involved in fights, and are setting things on fire, etc.

Seriously. Learn a new skill. Read a book on economics. Paint a portrait. Knit a blanket to keep someone warm this winter. Bake your mom a pie and go see her.

8. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as it remains peaceful and civilized and helps to educate the stubborn, I am all in favor. I'd love to see progress eventually stop this unconstitutional theocratic escapade in it's tracks.

I'd certainly go, if I wasn't locked up here and afraid of the world. But since I'm not... stay strong?

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They're gonna have to secure the hell out of the White House.

10. JC9715

Sign me up!!! I'm going. I'm gonna go to all the protests I can, I will have my voice heard!

11. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not protesting myself, since I normally have better things to do with my time, but one of my friends has been really active with them. The 'Keep the government out of my pussy' signs were apparently both humorous, and two-sided!