1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making fellow lesbian couple friends

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by taken, May 9, 2019.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being in the south and being almost in my 30's (my fiance in her 30's), I find it incredibly hard to find fellow lesbian friends. Yes, I do know quite a few LGBTQ people, but I find it difficult to find fellow lesbian couples to hang out with that understand and are in the same situation as my fiance and I. I've recently found out that one of my fellow colleagues is lesbian and engaged as well, but of course as I am getting to know her, they will be moving several states away in just a few months... I will be beginning my career soon which will take my fiance and I to another location in the next year so I'm having a tough time with making lasting friendships. And I'm nervous about making new adult friends once moving to a new place next year. How do you make friends who are in similar live stage and situations that you can talk to and will understand what you are going through??

Nic2552 likes this.
  2. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I knew! I’m in an area where there are supposedly lots of us, but it’s so well integrated that we can’t find them. Have you looked at meetup.com. I found a few groups there but the people we’ve met have been in very different life stages than my GF and me. We have young kids and are looking for families.

3. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't looked at that website, my fiance isn't much of a socializing type person especially with random meet ups like that. It seems like every time I meet someone that I could be friends with, they move away within a year (current situation I am in). I'll be finishing school and moving in 1 year as well, I'm just hoping we can make some adult/lesbian or straight/couple friends that we click with. I just think about having weekend get together dinner parties with friends, but we don't really have that right now and it makes me sad.