1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech Issue Major log-in issues

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Andrew99, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The last few weeks every time I’ve tried logging in, the page will take forever to load and then crash. I do not have this issue with any other websites I use and I do not have issues with the internet.

Has this been a system wide issue or is there a specific browser I should use?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Andrew.

This shouldn't be happening. If you first load the "new posts" page, for example, it takes about 3 seconds to generate the search results and load the page, but if you're going to the root page of the site, it should be loading pretty quickly.

There do seem to be some very weird, intermittent logout issues that show up on certain devices, but we've not been able to pin down any particular cause. I use Firefox both on my desktop and phone, and have not had the continually signing out problems that others have had, but I don't know if it actually has anything to do with using Firefox. One thing I can suggest is going in and deleting all EC-related cookies. That seems to have helped many users. Please let us know if any of that works or does not work and we can look further if needed.