1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac or Windows?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ten, Oct 2, 2019.

1. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a laptop at home that runs on Windows. I don't have internet access at home, so I go to the library. Most library computers have Windows, but I'm currently using one that is a Mac and I HATE IT!!! Windows is so much better.

2. Madge Beurde

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you know you can run Windows on a Mac?
    Today the computer industry is changing so fast it’s hard to make sweeping generalizations of the old fashioned kind like ‘Mac V Window’. To start with there are other operating systems such as the many versions of Linux, some of them available free.
    I don’t want to get involved in a Mac V Windows argument as my experience working with Australia’s largest Windows network was absolute hell. People get very emotional about these issues. It’s like groups who support different football teams arguing who is best. In the end a waste of time. Anyhow, the release of a whole range of new Windows & Mac computers is being delayed due to the effects of the Covid 19 virus on the IT industry in China. One interesting development to watch though is the rumour Mac are about to dump Intel chips for an entirely new kind.

My suspicion is the rabid development of mobile phones is about to kill of a large part of desktop/laptop/iPad sales. Take for instance the projection by laser of a 'keybourd image' onto your chosen surface that inputs to a mobile.
    https://www.dartletype.com/en/pre-1...main1=www.techselectgadgets.com&network_id=69

#22 Madge Beurde, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020