1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lube! So many questions...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by I'mStillStanding, Dec 28, 2018.

1. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recall going through phase of trying different lubes for masturbation. KY worked just fine as I recall. But, again, it was only used for masturbation, and I'm thinking it's been at least 10 years since I last used it.

My one complaint was cost. Generic store brands could be as good, and they were a lot cheaper. Plus the store brands had bigger tubes for the money than KY--which meant I wouldn't have to buy it so often, thereby saving embarrassment.

I tried other brands that were supposedly "better", like Astroglide, and actually found that those better brands weren't better for me, but certainly were more expensive.

I'mStillStanding likes this.
  2. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know cost is always a factor but you really want to consider the quality of the ingredients used in the lube because some of them use chemicals that you really don’t want to have inside your body. It’s absorbed through the skin so even if you’re just using it externally it’s still something to think about. The same can be said for sex toys, you don’t want to put some nasty cheap toy inside you.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good point. I now recall that I became concerned about the ingredients in lubes a few years ago, and, as a result, quit buying my-then usual store brand or KY. But some people aren't as concerned as I am about such ingredients.

4. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually just do well with soap and water. But now, I read a post earlier about a member talking about Extra-Virgin Coconut oil. I'm intrigued and might try that.

5. kenn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    if your really broke vegatable oil is what they used before commerical lube just sayin. XD

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not good with condoms but Albolene is the best lube. It's originally a makeup remover but I've been using for years when I'm having some alone time either with my hand or with toys, and when my bf and I decided we were comfortable barebacking we discovered it's good for that too.