1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Virginity to a girl

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Connor86, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bothered by the fact I lost my virginity to a girl rather than a guy. Makes me feel less gay than the rest of the LGBTQ community. Am I the only one dealing with this?

2. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Obviously, you should be very careful about sexual encounters in general, whether it be with a guy or a girl. Don't rush into them just to experiment without much consideration and protection involved. If you were not gay, Connor, it would not be the end of the world. That's nothing to panic about. Can I ask you something? Why did you have sex with the girl? What did you get out of it? Do you have genuine feelings for her?

3. Connor86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She kinda rushed me into it. Honestly at the time it's what I thought I wanted too. But the sex was boring and just didn't really feel right.

4. guitar

MANY people who are gay have lost their virginity to someone of the opposite sex. Societal norms & pressures are deeply ingrained and all people want to do is fit in.

Not only that, but a person's sexuality isn't fixed. It can change throughout your lifetime. I was with several women before I put the pieces together of my own sexuality.

You're not "any less LGBT" because of who you've slept with in the past. Anyone who holds it against you is an ***hole & could be jealous you've gotten to experience something they might not get to.

I had a guy say I wasn't gay enough & was gross for being with women on a first date. I walked away from the date a few minutes later. If you're going to be *that* bothered by my past - even though I was perfectly into him - then I was wasting my time.

Don't let anyone use your past against you. It's nothing to be ashamed of, and no one gets to define lgbt.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This doesn't make you less gay. Things happen. Anyone who says otherwise is NOT worth your time.