1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost the person I love

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Animess, May 21, 2018.

1. Animess

hello there

So i had this one online friendsince i was in 8th grade. I am on the last three days of my high school sophmore year. She was a bit older than me but despite that we never let that get in the way of our friendship. We would talk everyday about what we did and we would take it from there. She helped me through my abuse and would stay up to ungodly hours even with work in the morning just to help me calm down.

This friendship went on for three years. Until a few months ago, she left out of no where. I tried to contact her for the first month but to no avail I left it alone. Then just one month ago, after about 5-6 months is silence, I sent a long message saying thank you for being my friend and so on and so forth. She responded telling me she went through a terrible time and she’s doing better and thanking me for responding. Looking back I don’t know if leaving her and the friendship was a good idea. I left instead of trying to be friends again because I’m too awkward and I feel like I’m annoying.

I want to be friends again but I fucked it up. And that’s not the only bad thing.
    I used to have a huge crush on her, that I believe was love. I couldn’t explain in words just how much I cared for her and all the things about her that were amazing. I believe I still have that love for her. I feel like there was supposed to be something. I feel like I fucked up everthing.

I don’t know what to do. Do I get over this? How? Do I try to reach out again even though we said our goodbyes a month ago?
    Please help me.

2. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

I have some 'online' friendship too. In particular with a guy this friendship seems really deep. We talk everyday and he's like a little brother to me.
    I had another friendship some years ago. It lasted two years. I still love him, but suddenly we stopped talking for no particular reason. Maybe we both felt it was time to move on. Life made we met for a reason and now our time is over.
    This time I feel even closer to this guy, and I think he likes me as a person too, otherwise he wouldn't be here to stand me everyday
    Sometimes it's difficult because you can't see him, you can't hear his voice, so you can't get this other person's emotions, and you don't know what would be the best thing to do. I would say that if you think you still 'need' her, and if you think she's not annoyed like you, you should try speaking to her again. But it's something you have to feel. Just do what your heart tells you :slight_smile: