1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost posts

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Miaplacidus, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps *impersonating a certain Master*

I logged in today after a few months and it seems that over four thousand of my old posts have been lost after this otherwise very nice looking upgrade.

Not that there was anything interesting in my posts from over a decade ago, but thought you might like to know.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

As far as I can tell, all of the posts from pre-migration are still on this site, so your threads and posts are (or at least should be) still there.

The reason for the altered post count appears to be related to the Fun and Games forum, and how that has been reindexed and rebuilt, and then had a knock-on effect for post counts. As you may recall, the F&G forum contributed towards post count for quite a few years before it was turned off, and when that change was made - around 2010? - it wasn't done so retrospectively at the time. However, when we moved over to Xenforo, all the posts had to be reindexed and rebuilt, so it appears that all 700,000+ posts in F&G, as opposed to just those from 2010 onwards, have been excluded from the new post counts which got rebuilt post-migration.

What we appear to be seeing now are the post counts for users, when all 700,000+ F&G posts are not counted. I've had about 2,000 posts wiped from my post count because of it, and it took me an annoying amount of time to figure out where they had disappeared to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It turns out they're all still there, but just no longer counted because of F&G. :slight_smile:

Martin.

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you sure of that?

As you probably remember, most of my activity is from the stone age or so (think 2008), I think that there wasn't even a fun and games section back then.

EDIT: Nevermind, might be -- I still can't believe that I posted over 4,000 times under Fun and Games. Didn't I have anything better to do back then? Haha

#3 Miaplacidus, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't find the exact thread announcing the creation of Fun and Games, but I did find a thread from June 2007 which talks about former Chit Chat threads being moved to that forum, so it looks like F&G was created around the first half of 2007. I recall it being quite well established when I arrived in November 2007, so the timeline would make sense. It looks like posts in there didn't stop being excluded from the count until 2013, which would explain the dramatic drop in post counts for us older members. >.< It looks like 6 years worth of content has now been excluded from the 'new' post counts.

Likewise, I didn't think I posted in there all that much either, but apparently I did. :astonished:

#4 Martin, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017