1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my inspiration to write

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, May 16, 2018.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    now that my crush likes me back I lost my inspiration to write. I used my crushes alleged dislike of of me as inspiration to write.

Now that she admires me i don’t know what to write about. Yesterday it was confirmed that she shares a strong emotional connection with me

2. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that sounds like an amazing thing to experience though :slight_smile: im sure that you will be back to your writing in no time even if its with a different "source" of inspiration!!good luck!!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It sounds like that writing is more of a release/way of dealing with disappointments, rather than something you would like to do for 'creativity' purposes, or wanting to get ideas down on the paper, which is totally fine. Writing out your emotions, feelings and disappointments is a great way to help dealing with things.

That said, if you enjoy writing, and would like to get back into it, I'd agree with CL1990 that even though it turns out that your crush likes you, you could still write about that. You have a great starting point. :slight_smile:

4. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate. I was working on a not very happy, emotionally very heavy story and when I started seeing my girlfriend I completely lost the ability to continue the story. I just don't want to be in that heavy, melancholy mindset at the moment, I just want to enjoy being with her. I'm committed to getting back into writing at some point, but it'll have to be a different story because that one was very much connected to my own feeling of loneliness, and I'm happy to say that I'm not lonely anymore :slight_smile:

It's weird how unhappiness can fuel writing, but in the end I think happiness is more important than a sad story! And as the others said, if you're into writing you'll get back to it! There will be new inspiration in your crush liking you, and all the wonderful stuff you can experience together!

5. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well good for you on having her return your feelings. Honestly, I would harness your attraction for her and use it to fuel you. Let her be your muse if you will. In the first stages of infatuation it's normal to want to do nothing but be with them, think about them etc, but eventually you will come down from your cloud and be inspired to get to work again.