1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost everything because I'm trans...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PhoenixOfAshes, Jul 10, 2015.

1. PhoenixOfAshes

My girlfriend and I got engaged a while back. We're young, but we've been dating for about four years.
    I came out to her as trans a while ago, and she said she was perfectly fine with it. Then we would go weeks without talking, she cancelled her trip to come and visit me, she was always too busy to talk to me and then she calls off the wedding and says she no longer wants to marry me. I asked her why, time and time again, and finally she said it was because she imagined getting married to a woman, and now she'd be marrying a man, and she thinks of me as a brother...

I'm the kind of person that can turn their emotions off if they want. I can choose to feel nothing, or I can choose to feel everything, but this was the first time I couldn't shut it off.
    I haven't felt this much emotion in a long time and I really hate it...

Does anyone have any advice? Just general break up advice? And my biggest question for other trans* people: Was dating ever really hard for you because you were transgender, and does it get easier? :icon_sad:

2. || Kheya ||

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know what to say! I can feel you though.

You said you came out to her a while ago. One thing I trust truly is that relationships should not be started based on lies or hiding the truth. Particularly if one is thinking of it seriously or wants to take it to the next level. and being a trans or homosexual could mean a lot to the other person who haven't imagined this kind of life. Or literally any information that can bring a great change into the other person's life.

Maybe she used it just as an excuse to leave but try to think on her perspective also. Maybe she didn't imagined it to be like this or she's not ready for this relation.

Pardon me, if any of my words offended you.