1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing hope and completely lost

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lostboy94, Dec 17, 2017.

1. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just graduated college. My college years weren't perfect but by the end I was out as a trans man, had a group of friends and was doing pretty well. Now post graduation I am back home with my parents who don't accept my gender, am socially isolated, am back in the closet because of work (working for minum wage at a preschool connected to a church) and I don't see anything changing anytime soon. I desperately want to transition but for financial reasons I don't see that happening
    I am really struggling with my mental health. I have very little hope for my future. I graduated college with a degree in sociology but want to teach young kids so the degree is pretty much useless.
    Any ideas for how to get through this? I am at a total loss.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were to guess, I would assume your staying home due to practical fiscal issues following school and starting your career off? I am curious why you took the job at a church affiliated school, were there no other opportunities available that still allowed you to be fiscally prudent by living at home? And finally, what type of discussions have you had with your parents about your gender?

As your thinking about these questions, I am curious if you happen to live near Baltimore? I would assume there would be outlets for you to express your gender in Baltimore outside of your home away from your family if your had access to the city.

You seem to be having everything come at you from all angles. But it might’ve very well be temporary in nature so long as you plan for the long term properly.

I will await your responses before commenting further.