1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Friends in All the Right Places

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nelalvai, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Heya, new to EC. I'm here cause I live in a pretty conservative area and there's not a lot of people who share my interests. Hoping to find some friends who want to talk gaming, books, or transportation engineering.

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there and welcome to Empty Closets! Please feel free to get in touch with any staff member if you have any questions or need any help.
    That said, browse the forum and post in different threads to get to know other members and for others to get to know you. :slight_smile:.

I don't game and don't have a lot of knowledge in transportation engineering, but books I can't talk about. Do you read Fiction or Non-Fiction books? While I like a few biographies and auto-biographies every now and then, my main interest is fiction. I read a lot of John Grisham, James Patterson, Jeffrey Archer, Sidney Sheldon, Agatha Christie, among others. I think crime and mystery are my favorite genres lol. What about you?

3. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to the community! It can be really hard to find people who share the same interests as you when you live in an area like that, especially with forming a meaningful friendship, and also being able to be open about who you are without judgement. Also on a side note, gaming is awesome! :ok_hand:

4. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've read a little of James Patterson; I'm almost exclusively sci-fi/fantasy. But on the mystery front I recently read the Lady Sherlock series, I really liked those.
    @Emmareld what kind of gaming do you like? These days I'm reeeeally into Surviving Mars. And if I ever managed to get a group started I'd be really into Pathfinder ;P

5. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've mainly been playing a lot of Apex Legends, Halo, and dead cells lately. I am into most types of gaming but I really enjoy rpg's, rts's, turn based strategy games, and sandbox type of games sometimes as well. I could go on forever lol.

I heard about surviving mars, I think I am gonna get that one when it goes cheaper. I've only had 1 session of pathfinder, but a few of DnD 3E I believe. It was alright and pretty fun. What type of game genres do you mainly play?

6. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Turn based strategy and sandbox-survival games mostly. Portal is awesome. Interactive stories are growing on me (such as Tacoma, it is so good).

I've played DnD 3E, and 5E. I have so much fun playing tabletop RPG's, but the timing was never right to finish a full campaign.

7. Ravenstar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love to play D&D 5E too!!!

8. Celadon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    me too! :slight_smile:

9. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got Tacoma recently, I've gonna have to try it out.

Tabletop RPG's are great, especially for roleplaying and character development, as well when you are the DM and you create an entire world for people enjoy, it is really interesting to see how people interact with the world. lol

10. Nelalvai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly! The best part is when your players take some irrelevant bit of trivia and turn it into something completely unexpected. Like, one time our DM was describing a hermit living on a cliffside, all flowery descriptives that didn't matter, but our half-orc did rock-climbing as a hobby and he made a beeline for the cliff.
    And crit-failed right off edge.
    The hermit had a low opinion of us after that.

11. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL that's pretty funny. I love when things like that happen in the game. A crazy thing for me that happened was when a village was destroyed by a dragon, and the sole survivor was a child. Due to the nature of our quest, we couldn't just back track and take the kid to a local village, so we outfitted him with a wooden helmet and a wooden stick, long story short, we got ambushed by ghouls and he didn't survive, and I tried to sprinkle some dust I stole from a wizard. Not knowing what it did, I assumed it could heal him. Instead it took the soul of a long dead paladin from the underworld and bound him to the corpse and he had to serve me. lol.

12. Ravenstar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great!