1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advice on archiving sites

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tightrope, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi:

I've had Dropbox before and it was fine, but also gave me some coordination bugs from my phone and my desktop.

I'd like to get accounts on a few sites. I'd like to get a first one to archive my basic stuff in the way of documents, a second one to archive random items, and a third one for photos.

I think I'll be using Flickr for the third one. I just need to organize my things better.

Do you have any suggestions for the main one, besides Dropbox? I'd like to get a few ideas.

And then a suggestion for a second one? With the second one, it would just be to link people to a specific document or two as the need arises. I want to keep it so anyone will only see that one document or exhibit I've sent them or showed them, and not the root of the account and that they should not be able to look at other items I have stored. Is that even possible?

Thanks.

2. yammin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Google drive is a great choice. Extra storage is also dirt cheap. 15GB free. 100GB is $2/month, and a terabyte is $10/month. Great deal.

#2 yammin, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I use OneDrive and if you have an Office 365 subscription you get a terabyte of storage. For photos I use both Google Photos and OneDrive.

4. Blackangel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I own my own website domain, and its really easy to set something up for people to be able to access a specific file and not have access to anything else. My site is only $9.95 a month, and comes with tons of space, features, and 75 slots for an email. You set it up as you see fit. I have 8 different email accounts for myself, and I think 3 for friends and family. You just need to know a bit of HTML to do it.