1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a parental figure to share this with.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by sleepyboy, Aug 11, 2020.

1. sleepyboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm a 24 y/o transman. I failed a lot of highschool due to mental illness/abusive family and I finished and I'm in university right now for social work. growing up I didn't have any healthy parental figures and don't have a strong or real relationship with any of my blood family. I actually had a lot of abuse and trauma which poisoned my childhood and current relationships. I just saw that I got an LGBT Pride scholarship (for academic achievement and contributions to the LGBT community) from my school and got on the Deans honour roll last semester for my grades. This is really hard because I know I should be happy for myself and find validation in myself and all that other stuff but it's still really heartbreaking and difficult when I have no one to share it with. It's that much compared to other scholarships that are 5k or 10k for other things but this is the only queer/trans scholarship my university has and there is only one and it was awarded to me.

All my practicums have been helping in the LGBTQ2S+ community with a focus on trans. Like i said its just hard to be happy/celebrate when I have this hole inside of me, of this lonely unloved child... If anyone could just play the part of a proud/caring parent for me it would really mean a lot to me...

Sorry if this is ill fitting.

#1 sleepyboy, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2020
    LaurenSkye likes this.
  2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [I typically think of myself as more of the big sister type, but here goes...]

Son, I am so very proud of you. Making the Dean's list is an amazing accomplishment. Something I never did. And to add to that with this scholarship, just shows that others recognize your contributions. It's wonderful to see how you've helped out your brothers and sisters in the trans community. I'm sure they are happy to have you around and are proud of you as well. I'm so happy to see the wonderful young man you have become. Always know that I love you so much.

xoxo
    Mom

sleepyboy likes this.
  3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! Scholarships can be such a pain/hard to get. Keep studying hard and helping the community! :slight_smile:

4. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sleepboy, considering you say you haven't had healthy parental figures in your life I think what you've achieved is amazing! Well done! And well done for helping your brothers and sisters in the LGTBQ+ community!

5. sleepyboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

You brought tears to my eyes thank you so much for your message, I can't tell you how much it means to me

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're very welcome. I feel like being a supportive friend (or pseudo-mom) is one of the few things I am good at. And while I'm not actually your mom and don't really even know you yet, everything else I said was true. I am proud of you and I hope things go well for you in college.

#6 LaurenSkye, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020