1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long term relationship lack of sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by seolie, Feb 16, 2019.

1. seolie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m not sure how to go about this. I’ve been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years now. We haven’t had sex since May last year and when we did try to have sex in August it was awkward and ended up falling through. I’m still in love with her and very much attracted to her but I’m scared about trying to initiate sex again because it was so awkward last time. But still want to have sex. No idea what’s going on in my head. Any advice?

NickiFire likes this.
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you talked to her about this? I know it may be a little weird, but talking and expressing your feelings is important in a relationship. Maybe a good start would be to tell her how you like her and that you want to be more intimate with her.

3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a great believer like the person above me stated. Communication is the key to this and everything we do in life as humans. I'm guilty at times of poor communication.
    I also think go back to basics. Why not go for a nice walk in the park, hold hands and talk openly.
    Massage, this can be excellent to become used to each other's bodies again....
    Just take a few steps back and enjoy each other in other sexual ways but gradually build it up.

Angelica g, Dionysios and NickiFire like this.
  4. smurf

Like everyone else said, you guys have to talk about it. Sex is supposed to be awkward, funny, silly AND sexy. The awkward part comes when two people are trying to learn how each other's bodies respond to each others touch. Learning what your partner likes and dislikes. Do they like nipple play? How hard? Maybe they love when you kiss their neck? Maybe they love when you kiss them all over? Only way to know is to openly ask. If the other person doesn't know, then explore together. Embrace the awkwardness :slight_smile: