1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long distance relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aussielefty, Nov 19, 2017.

1. aussielefty

I've met some one, sort of online and we've talked abit but unfortunatly he's a few hours
    away from me. I'd love to spend time with him and I think he does too but getting together would be
    quite a difficualty,. I think he thinks its a come and play but I've said I'm looking for something more.
    Its a tricky thing. just not sure how to get around this.. we havent met yet but talked on the phone a few times..

has any one been thru this, did you have to give up cause its in the too hard basket.?

now I'm heading towards the 50's age group I feel like I'm done with this whole pick up thing.
    any way thoughts?

milo

#1 aussielefty, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to plan on a meeting, maybe on a holiday. A few hours is not easy, but it is not impossible, too, and you can make it like a short vacation. In-person interactions will help you learn quickly if you are into each other through body language and just experiencing things together (like going out for dinner or a film/event, etc.). The meeting will also create shared memories you can talk about on the phone in later times.

I think an ultimate goal would be to close the distance, and you are both invested in it, you will find ways of making it work out. If not, then try looking elsewhere. You might consider making some local gay friends who are your age: they may help you expand your local options.