1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News London school’s diocese cancels author visit and removes governors over book with gay characters

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by LostInDaydreams, Mar 9, 2022.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This doesn't surprise me as someone who went to a Catholic school. When Obama came into office and started talking about legalizing gay marriage the teachers at the school I went to were talking among themselves about the subject and not a one was pleased about it. They also banned Harry Potter for a while. I hated that place. It really sucks for those students that the visit didn't happen, they need to know LGBTQIA+ people exist and that's ok.

3. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The parents and students at our local Catholic high school just had a major objection to the school letting the lacrosse coach go because she is married to a women. There was such an uproar that the school had no choice but to reinstate her.

4. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Those parents are awesome. :slight_smile:

5. Loves books

I’m not that surprised. I went to Catholic school in a Catholic country. My school is literally next door to the church and the convent is behind the church. We had a retreat group come to our school who told us it was fine to be gay. As long as you don’t act on it because sex is for reproduction only I have a feeling protected sex isn’t approved of either. I don’t see the problem with having a gay author visit a school, he’s going to talk about writing not his sexual orientation. Sooner or later the Catholic Church needs to understand that their ignorant stance on gay people won’t make homosexuality disappear.