1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking someone, having a crush or being in love....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lxlJDlxl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. lxlJDlxl

Liking someone, having a crush or being in love makes you a better person than what you used to be? Is it true to all of us or it just depends on the person?

2. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It made me a better person. I first fell in love a few months ago, and it precipated a great deal of changes in who I am. I didn't change for the person, the reverse happened, he changed me. Love was such a profound feeling, that it gave new meaning to my life, it bumped me out of the rut of apathy I'd gotten stuck in, now I'm actively pursuing my goals again, developing my interests. I feel as if my life is back on track, that I'm in control of it.

This feeling has remained, despite learning the person was more interested in being friends (which we still are, and very good friends at that ^_^).

3. AngryKat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been in 'love' and I just become a stupid kind of person when I have a crush, but I've seen being in love make a person better and worse. I really suppose it depends on WHO.

4. How do you know if you've been in love? I'm pretty sure I haven't, so that probably means I haven't. I've had connections with people and have had pretty big crushes but I wouldn't call it love or anything.

5. prism

It depends on what you let yourself learn. Some people become so bitter after breakups that they don't stop to reflect on what happened.

I fell in love with someone that at least liked me back, but she treated me like shit. Before I cut ties with her, I let her string me along for years because I thought she was perfect. It made me a more confident person in that I know what I deserve and what I'm looking for. Once you know what it's like to really connect with someone, you'll never settle for anything less.

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ummm no.

Really think about that statement lol. And how many people are "in love" with types who reject and damage them, and on some level they enjoy it. Maybe that isn't true love so it doesn't count.

Me, l kind of always have a crush on someone. Even if it's a celebrity, they can be pretty intense crushes and l haven't been without a crush for very long for the last 5 years or so.

l do feel "better" somehow when l have a crush on someone.

7. leer

I was in love with my ex we were together 6 months and was my first proper relationship
    it was me who broke it of he began lying to me about a few things also he like the weed to much .took me some time to get over him but am getting there even dated since .

8. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Definitely depends. I think crushes are natural and healthy. Fun to fantasize and sometimes take actions! Whether you like or fall hard for someone, it can be difficult if they don't feel the same way. It can either make you stronger (walk away from it loud and proud with no regrets) or make you feel like you can never love again (if they take your heart and stomp on it like a bug). Both have happened to me and I'm still standing. Looking back, I definitely feel like it all helped me to be who I am today.

9. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

People can get really bitter and cynical when they break up. My aunt started hating men after she got a divorce. She tried to convince me that men are evil, too. o___O It really just depends on the relationship.

I was in a relationship and it made me less tolerant of 'personality diversity' because I looooathed hers. Afterwards, I was convinced I could only date a very small subset of personalities.

Thankfully I've opened up more since then.

10. Divopix

I did not make me a better person. I was really irritable and really on the edge because I was just always pissed of at her so I was pissed off at everyone. Got out of that, though :slight_smile:

11. Nurse Shark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Liking or loving someone makes me want to be a better person. I feel like I want to fulfill my potential as a person, so as to show them who I am, or who I can be.

12. sunnii

I don't believe you can be in love with someone if you haven't been in amrealarionship (or in my case a relationship full stop) I don't like the term list because it has too much sexual connotations over romantic/liking connotations. I'm a habitual idealisator. I have SERIOUs crushes on guys they chain together. When one ends another has already started

13. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I think it can make us better people, it helps us to realize the traits we want to have in a future partner. It helps us weed out the bad ones and that feeling of having a crush on someone is always nice to fantasize about someone, or when they smile at you it can make your entire day :slight_smile:

14. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it CAN make you a better person. A lot of people believe that love is the answer to their woes and so project all the hope and happiness onto the person of their affections. Whether a crush or love. I certainly was a nicer person when I was in a relationship. I was also a dick. So... its completely subjective to the person and how that person makes you feel/act.

15. FemCasanova

Meh, I just get goofy and annoying. Or, so according to my sister. I don`t turn into a better person at all. The only thing that does that is a bottle of wine. My personality is a lot easier to handle for those close to me when I have had some wine. Call me uptight. I can be, I am not good with stress, which there can be a lot of. If anything, a relationship actually seems to make me more stressed, hence more irritating.

16. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I think in the end, it really does, maybe not at the moment it's happening, but in 10 years, when you look back, you'll notice the change. Change in a person usually doesn't take place in the moment, it happens gradually, but I do believe it happens. Maybe you're not a better person today, or tomorrow, or days, months, even years later, but somewhere down the line, a better person is formed. Your life can almost be shaped based on who you like/love/have a crush on. Ultimately, it can be a very life changing experience. Yes some people other people like could damage them emotionally, but it's not necessarily going to turn them into a bad person, it just makes them be more aware of who they surround themselves with.

17. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just suddenly knew. I realized that what I felt for my current crush was much more powerful, but also much more complicated than what I'd ever felt for anyone else. Of course, every time you crush on someone, you think to a certain degree that you love them the most, but there is a difference between loving and crushing, at least for me. I realized that unlike my previous crushes, the flaws/differences between us didn't make me love him any less, I could look past them and appreciate him for who he is.

It's difficult to describe without metaphors, but you can be certain that you'll just suddenly "know". There's a contrast between the just crushing and love.