1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liking Multiple People

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tai, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been in my first relationship for almost a year now. It has been almost like a fantasy with a wonderful first kiss, many great and fun experiences together, and we were friends for five years before I asked him if he wanted to start a relationship with me, so I feel like we already were comfortable with each other in some ways when we started. It hasn't been flawless but we generally care about each other deeply and will try to resolve something quickly when it comes up. He is very scared of losing me.

A guy who moved to my school last year has gotten really close to me however. He's been crushing on me for a while and it's gotten more intense. For people who claim to be "just friends" (mostly just me, because he actually admits he likes me), we are very physical, hugging a lot, wrestling, licking, and even biting. I tend to only seriously crush on people who have gotten really close to me, and he has achieved that because he can make me smile and we have laughed together so much over the past year. Lately he's been very into me, claims he's had nice dreams about me and has said he wants to kiss me and be intimate.

My boyfriend and I are very monogamous but him more so. He is very serious and has said that once I get out of college he wants to seal the relationship. Obviously I am not counting on that happening; I'm letting my options be open, knowing that we may stay together the rest of our lives, or may just drift apart and find someone else. "Anything can happen" mentality. My friend however, has asked his girlfriend (who is three years younger than all of us) if he could do things with me, has even asked her if he could have a three some with my boyfriend and me. Their relationship is much more casual and less monogamous, so it's quite possible she would have said "Go ahead."

I'm not sure how I should handle this. I know I'm going to stay with my boyfriend for as long as I can, and I would never cheat on him. But since this is my first relationship, I also really want to broaden my dating, experiment with girls, and see what it's like to be with other people. I really do think we'll stay together for a really long time, and I'm glad for that stability, but I also want to experience other people. Any advice?

(By the way, it's not a huge issue. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if they ignored their feelings for the friend or if they took action with it.)