1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheDude, Feb 5, 2012.

1. cenedria235

Re: Which Gay Themed Movies have you seen...

This movie was so good but so sad, I cried so hard.

2. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I haven't seen a whole lot but I really enjoyed RENT and If These Walls Could Talk 2.

The scenes between Chloe Sevigny and Michelle Williams were electric! And loved Ellen in the movie as well, I just love Ellen in general.

3. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

You have to watch all the Eating Outs :slight_smile:!

4. EarthIntruder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

The Next Best Thing

5. alhappy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I cried for hours watching this fab movie- "Prayers for bobby."

I did not cry at this but was great. Not as moving as Prayers for bobby but fab.-"Were the world mine"

6. Sayu

Yesterday I saw Prayers For Bobby.

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I watched a film called Mysterious Skin - It was really shocking and I was surprised at how much they actually got a way with showing

Anyone else saw this film before

8. TheAMan

I've seen Prayers for Bobby and Shelter. Prayers for Bobby was only the 3rd movie in my life that I ever cried at. It's very emotional and I advise every LGBT person to watch it. Shelter, IMO, had a lot of eye candy, especially the main character.

9. EWU2012

Here are some movies that I have watched on either YouTube or Netflix. Some are better than others but they are all worth a watch I feel.

Netflix Movies:

Redwoods (2009)
    Red Without Blue (2007)
    The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
    The Green (2011)
    The Trip (2002)
    Violet Tendencies (2010)
    -The main character in this is a woman who is seen as being a "Fruit Fly" or "Fag Hag" but it is really funny. It is more adult oriented with the jokes but definitely worth a watch. I watched it with another gay friend and out straight friend who is a girl. We told her that it was based on her life.

YouTube Movies:

A Very British Sex Scandal (2007)
    -A docu-drama which chronicles the experiences and actions of Peter Wildeblood which eventually led to the decriminalisation of homosexuality in Great Britain.

Breakfast With Scot (2007)
    -A decidedly non-stereotypical gay male couple finds their efforts to keep their personal and professional lives completely separate challenged by the arrival of the gay nephew whose presence threatens to reveal their closely guarded secret in director Laurie Lynd's drama. Eric (Tom Cavanagh) is a former professional hockey player who now works as a broadcaster at a major sports network. Of course, Eric's colleagues have no clue about the outwardly masculine sportscaster's true sexuality, and the same can be said about his longtime partner, Sam (Ben Shenkman), a lawyer. Now, despite successfully keeping their sexuality a secret for some time, happy couple Eric and Sam find their livelihood threatened with the arrival of Sam's nephew Scot (Noah Bernett) -- whose mother has just died and whose responsibility-shirking father is currently out of town. Scot is an expert in the subjects of knitting and show tunes, but when it comes to the topic of sports he just can't be bothered. Eric knows well the terror of having to hide your sexuality away from the masses, though, and now in order to save Scot from the torment of his new classmates -- and perhaps prevent his own secret from being revealed, the knowing uncle does his best to channel the boy's skating talent into a career in hockey.

Make the Yuletide Gay (2009) - Adamo Ruggiero who plays Marco Del Rossi in Degrassi is in this movie. It is actually really good and pretty funny with some of the one liners. Apparently make the Yuletide Gay 2 is in the works but they are trying to get funding to make it.
    -Olaf "Gunn" Gunnunderson, an out-and-proud gay college student, crawls back into the closet to survive the holidays with his family. He keeps his cool as his quirky Midwestern-hearted parents try to set him up with his high school sweetheart, Abby. But when his boyfriend, Nathan, shows up at their doorstep unannounced, Gunn must put on a charade to keep the relationship a secret. With pressure mounting from all sides, will Gunn come out before the truth does?

#109 EWU2012, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  10. qboy

Not to be technical or anything, but it led to the decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales; it took a further 23 years for it to happen in Scotland, and 25 years before it was decriminalised in Northern Ireland.

Was an interesting docu-drama though!

11. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I've watched Eating Out 2 and 3 yesterday (!)
    Today I'm watching 4 and 5 :slight_smile:.

Eating Out 3 was soooo funny. I loved that Tiffani spoke corean.
    And in Eating out 2, the scene with Tiffani, Kyle and Troy was hilarious :lol:.

12. Gallatin

I've seen Eating Out and Eating Out 2, as well Boys Don't Cry and Coffee Date. I think those are the only ones I've seen.

13. Re: Which Gay Themed Movies have you seen...

I've only seen Prayers for Bobby... I watched it for the first time the other day and I still can't get over it. I cried so much :'( It is a great film though!

14. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all

The only one I've seen is Boy Culture...and now I'm in an obsession over the book and the movie. xD

15. Kohut

Kohut Guest

I watched Edge of Seventeen and J'ai Tué Ma Mère (I Killed My Mother) (one of my favourites, BTW) last week.

16. EWU2012

I just copied and pasted the information for the descriptions from another site and I guess didn't pay a lot of attention to that.

17. NickD

I did see Rent on broadway, and I'm going to be that guy and say it was average. Granted I hadn't accepted myself as gay yet, but strictly from a theatrical viewpoint it was pretty well, played out. Don't get me wrong, AIDs in our community is no topic to be taken lightly or brushed off, But leaving the theatre, I felt unfulfilled. The script itself was fairly one dimensional, and outside of an amazing set and some great songs, the story never grabbed me.

But, I absolutely adore Billy Elliott. Mostly because it's something I can relate to a bit better. And of course Magic Mike was not only surprisingly well acted, but also a feast for the eyes :slight_smile:

18. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the last gay-themed movie I watched was Patrick, age 1.5. It's a very sweet movie about adoption.

19. GingerGuy

I think the best gay/lesbian themed movie I have seen is a South Korean horror/drama named Memento Mori. It's a story of two schoolgirls who fall in love with one another in a VERY homophobic enviromnent. This movie is part of a series of five films who mixture schoolgirl romance/ghosts/adolescent issues in all of it's installments. However, I can say for sure that MM is the best one of the five. The acting is fantastic and so it is the soundtrack; there is almost no horror at all, so it is a film for everyone. The only thing not all of you will like is that the narrative is very fragemnted and keeps skipping in time periods with no warning at all. It's something typical of asian films, but in the west we enjoy usually much more simple entertaining. I reccomend to watch this film twice, both because it is very good and because it is better comprehended this way. Sadly, MM did not get the international recognition it deserved, but that's expected from a South Korean film :-(

20. WonderEgg

The Curiosity of Chance
    Juste Une Question d'Amour (Just a Question of Love)
    Get Real
    Beautiful Thing
    Shelter <3
    Make the Yuletide Gay
    Clapham Junction (didn't like terribly)
    The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life of Ethan Green
    Brokeback Mountain <3
    Almost Normal
    24th Day
    Latter Days <3 <3 <3

I've seen quite a few more, when I can remember, I'll reply